DVDVR Message Board

May 2014 Football thread.

The Natural

Suprised this beauty hasn't got a mention yet:

Sherwood-1.jpg

In what could well have been his final game in charge of Tottenham Hotspur, in one of the funniest moments of the this season, the Spurs manager Tim Sherwood invited a fan to take his place in the White Hart Lane dugout towards the end of the 3-0 victory over Aston Villa.

Sherwood then directed the supporter to his own seat and gave the fan his famous gilet to wear.

On BBC's 606 show after the game, the fan, who is called Danny, described the bizarre day, and why Sherwood brought him down to the hotseat.

"It was great humour from him [sherwood]," he said. "Our season tickets are there so we sit near him every week.

"To be fair to him he's not frightened to talk with the fans and all season we've had good banter with him. He's always happy to chat.

"During the game I called some substitutions that I thought he should make and it just so happened he went on to make them.

"We were 3-0 up against Aston Villa and not really showing much so it was a good opportunity to get some young players on which he obviously agreed with.

"Suddenly he said: 'You know what? You might as well sit in the hotseat'. So I thought, why not?

"It was just surreal I didn't know what to make of it. I didn't know if I d get in trouble for going over the barriers."

And did Danny get to keep the gilet in the end?

"As I was walking away, he said: 'You can keep the jacket mate'. He then shook my hand and patted me on the back."

Sherwood, who is expected to be relieved of his duties this summer, had his own views on the memorable incident, telling the BBC show.

"That guy sits up there every week I'm here, and he's telling me: 'Get him off he's rubbish, he's an embarrassment, he's this, he's that'," the manager revealed.

"So I invited him down to show what he can do. He half-bottled it at first but in the end he took it up."

Credit: theindependent.co.uk

Good on Tim Sherwood. Brilliant.

• Like 4

I heard the guy on 606 and on Colin Murray's show.

He was much more subdued and polite than i would have expected. He said the lady in front of him doesnt like swearing, so he doewnt curse.

I don't listen to 606 or Colin Murray so thanks for that.

Suprised this beauty hasn't got a mention yet:

Sherwood-1.jpg

In what could well have been his final game in charge of Tottenham Hotspur, in one of the funniest moments of the this season, the Spurs manager Tim Sherwood invited a fan to take his place in the White Hart Lane dugout towards the end of the 3-0 victory over Aston Villa.

Sherwood then directed the supporter to his own seat and gave the fan his famous gilet to wear.

On BBC's 606 show after the game, the fan, who is called Danny, described the bizarre day, and why Sherwood brought him down to the hotseat.

"It was great humour from him [sherwood]," he said. "Our season tickets are there so we sit near him every week.

"To be fair to him he's not frightened to talk with the fans and all season we've had good banter with him. He's always happy to chat.

"During the game I called some substitutions that I thought he should make and it just so happened he went on to make them.

"We were 3-0 up against Aston Villa and not really showing much so it was a good opportunity to get some young players on which he obviously agreed with.

"Suddenly he said: 'You know what? You might as well sit in the hotseat'. So I thought, why not?

"It was just surreal I didn't know what to make of it. I didn't know if I d get in trouble for going over the barriers."

And did Danny get to keep the gilet in the end?

"As I was walking away, he said: 'You can keep the jacket mate'. He then shook my hand and patted me on the back."

Sherwood, who is expected to be relieved of his duties this summer, had his own views on the memorable incident, telling the BBC show.

"That guy sits up there every week I'm here, and he's telling me: 'Get him off he's rubbish, he's an embarrassment, he's this, he's that'," the manager revealed.

"So I invited him down to show what he can do. He half-bottled it at first but in the end he took it up."

Credit: theindependent.co.uk

Good on Tim Sherwood. Brilliant.

Maybe Spurs can hire Danny now that they've turfed Sherwood.

I knew Sherwood was doomed when a couple weeks back he told the media "I don't know what my first choice XI is".

Even if that's true, keep that to yourself buddy.

Having said that, what a strange year. Tottenham were really in chaos at times. Guys like Capoue, Lamella, not really settling into the side and having injury problems. Soldado was nothing short of a disaster in his first season at striker there, which left Adebayor as the default option. There was the stretch of games where the Spurs insisted on making comically awful back passes trying to score on themselves. And yet... still ahead of Manchester United so I shouldn't be too unhappy.

Depending on who the new manager is, I think there's good reason to think the side can be better than it was this season. A lot better.

Orient 2 - Peterborough 1 (3-2 agg)

That's the Os into the playoff final. I've seen them lose at Wembley in the final before, I've seen them lose on tv in the final in Cardiff. Hopefully this is the time I watch them win a final.

I'm off to Wembley, up the Os!

• Like 1

No idea. It was the same with the Champion´s League up until a few years ago. I guess some of the major footie markets view it as a kind of CL-Rejects-Battle.

The match is a tough affair. Sevilla looked really solid and more threatening, up until the very last few minutes of extra time where Benfica had three pretty good chances with one resulting in a maybe-penalty. Here´s hoping this is a signal of things to come in the second half.