DVDVR Message Board

Man, if I didn't know that was Karen Gillan I would absolutely not recognize her.

As much as I didn't care for the general feel of the Daredevil film, I thought they did an excellent job of structure--give you 30 minutes of modern day action, hit the high notes of the origin in 15 minutes of flashback, then return to the present. Now if only they hadn't fucked said origin up so badly.

It's not a solo movie though. Ben Affleck isn't the selling point. The guys who were in Not Another Teen Movie and The Cold Light of Day are headlining movies that make over $500 million worldwide. That's insane.

Hell, co-starring in the two Fantastic Four movies might have been even more of an albatross for a Chris Evans-led Captain America franchise to overcome. I can say without hesitation that those might be two of the worst movies I've ever seen. 

• Like 1

gotdamn that episode of Agents of SHIELD was fantastic.

All I have to say: Fury is a dick.

They really have been hitting them out of park since the Winter Solider tie-in episode. I absolutely loved the reveal at the end. And yes Fury is an amazing asshole.

If I still haven't seen Cap 2 should I not watch tonights SHIELD?

If you've already watched any of the 3 or so episodes before tonight's it really wouldn't matter.

I didn't like Skye giving up the info to save Ward.  Not liking the seeds they're sowing of Ward's eventual turn back to babyface.  Fitz acting all emo about the Ward reveal was kinda goofy.  I kinda wish somebody had wondered for a minute if maybe Skye and Patton Oswalt were the Hydras instead of Ward.  I mean, in a way, that would make more sense -- somebody working with the Rising Tide (possibly a Hydra front?) and some dude they never met before compared to a loyal, vetted SHIELD dude (granted, one who was mentored by a major Hydra plant).  I was also hoping for a little bit of Ward explaining to Skye why he thinks Hydra is rad, but I guess that's coming next week.

Anyway, despite my complaints, I'm still really pleased with the positive turn the show has taken.  Every episode tends to feel like SHIT'S GOING DOWN, which makes the other stuff easier to swallow.  Plus you gotta dig the Man-Thing mention.  Maybe the early episodes should have been doing more of that instead of constantly making tiresome references to the Avengers movie.

Well Fitz and Ward bonded and he became like his big brother.  

These recent episodes of the show have been awesome.  Not sure where they can go in season 2, but everything since episode 17 has been super tight.  

Fury is supposed to show up in the finale so I imagine he will give Coulson some type of closure on what to do next and I would assume give him his blessing and possibly some resources to continue their splinter Agents of SHIELD group.  Though that's just a guess on my part.  

I didn't like Skye giving up the info to save Ward.  Not liking the seeds they're sowing of Ward's eventual turn back to babyface.  

Feels like he's going to turn in the end and die a hero. Ewww.

I was hoping the whole heart attack thing was faked by Deathlok and Ward and he'd just get up like nothing happened. 

• Like 1

I forgot to talk about Deathlok, he was a real badass in this episode I thought. Still don't dig that costume, hope he gets some better scrubs in the next season.

(still waiting on more Angel/Buffy actors to appear in some way. Amy Acker already did, J. August Richards is Deathlok...)

I'm somewhat inclined to think Deathlok is turning - if not this season, eventually. As a Buffy analogy, he seems to fill the Spike role.

Ward is more of the Angel... right now he is Angellus and we are seeing his evil side, but his love for Skye will flip him back.

To round it all out, Coulson is Giles, Fitzsimons are Xander & Willow. Mae is the one I don't have an analogy for...

I wouldn't be shocked if Ward killed Garrett and took over his role in Hydra.  Next season, Hydra and what is left of SHIELD are occasionally forced to work together to prepare for a greater threat.

AIM?

Yeah, it's just that Fitz's "I'm throwing stuff around and EMOTING" thing came off as an eye-roller to me.  It was the execution, not the fact that Fitz was hurt and betrayed.  (Actually I don't recall all that much of a bond between Fitz and Ward -- just that one episode where they did the mission together -- but whatever.  That's not what I was getting at).

I wouldn't be shocked if Ward killed Garrett and took over his role in Hydra.  Next season, Hydra and what is left of SHIELD are occasionally forced to work together to prepare for a greater threat.

AIM?

Did you read Secret Warriors?

Yeah, it's just that Fitz's "I'm throwing stuff around and EMOTING" thing came off as an eye-roller to me.  It was the execution, not the fact that Fitz was hurt and betrayed.  (Actually I don't recall all that much of a bond between Fitz and Ward -- just that one episode where they did the mission together -- but whatever.  That's not what I was getting at).

It didn't bother me because that is totally how I might react.

I'm somewhat inclined to think Deathlok is turning - if not this season, eventually. As a Buffy analogy, he seems to fill the Spike role.

Ward is more of the Angel... right now he is Angellus and we are seeing his evil side, but his love for Skye will flip him back.

To round it all out, Coulson is Giles, Fitzsimons are Xander & Willow. Mae is the one I don't have an analogy for...

The only one of these analogies that truly works is Fitz/Simmons. Everyone else is too different.