DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2014 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

I'd take healthy Chris Pronger over Lidstrom.

I can sorta see that. You're wrong but I can almost see it. If we're talking entire careers, remember that Pronger was absolutely atrocious his first couple years whereas Lidstrom was a star from day one.

I'd take healthy Chris Pronger over Lidstrom.

I can sorta see that. You're wrong but I can almost see it. If we're talking entire careers, remember that Pronger was absolutely atrocious his first couple years whereas Lidstrom was a star from day one.

Why do people cheer the Pittsburgh shitty Steelers?

Must be something about that colour combination.

As a Bengals fan I wholeheartedly agree.

Actually not from LI, I'm from Brewster, NY which is in Putnam County (55 miles north of NYC). As to how I became a Bengals fan: around 1985 when I was 7 years old there was a sporting goods store near where I lived. They were selling NFL jerseys on clearance and my dad got me a Kenny Anderson one. Ever since I've been a Bengals fan.

lol it's funny the reasons that we root for certain teams. I live in Cincinnati and was curious why somebody near NYC liked them. They aren't my team but I like for them to do good because the city is a better place to live in when they are winning.

• Like 1

Actually not from LI, I'm from Brewster, NY which is in Putnam County (55 miles north of NYC). As to how I became a Bengals fan: around 1985 when I was 7 years old there was a sporting goods store near where I lived. They were selling NFL jerseys on clearance and my dad got me a Kenny Anderson one. Ever since I've been a Bengals fan.

I think your fandom covers 21 states now. 

• Like 2

Let's See:

I think your fandom covers 21 states now.

Let's see:

New York: Sabres, Knicks, Mets (and what the hell, let's include the Isles and Nets b/c I have season tickets for both).

New Jersey: Metro ( and we'll throw in Devils b/c I have st even though I hate them)

Ohio: Bengals

PA: (Go to Flyers games, fan of the city and fans if you want to include that)

You're also overly emotional about the Whalers.

If we are talking CT hockey teams that no longer exist you can't forget the Danbury Trashers (one of the main reasons I like Philly and the Flyers is because they remind me of the Trashers team and fans). Look them up on YouTube.

As for the Whalers: If you offered me one of two things, $10 million dollars or the Whalers coming back I'd take the Whalers every time. There is no fortune that would make me as happy as being able to see my Whalers again.

Because everyone not from or living in Raleigh realizes that the Carolina Hurricanes should be the Hartford Whalers. I hope/expect that mistake to eventually be rectified.

• Like 1

God, Chara is literally a giant bitch. Sticks his arm out to slow down Bertuzzi (he doesn't need any help), goes down like he's shot and gets Bert the 2 min interference call. The Biggest Player In The League goes down faster than a Thai hooker.

Because everyone not from or living in Raleigh realizes that the Carolina Hurricanes should be the Hartford Whalers. I hope/expect that mistake to eventually be rectified.

And just like that in a single post, the number of Hartford Whalers fans on the internet has doubled.

• Like 1

And just like that in a single post, the number of Hartford Whalers fans on the internet has doubled.

Anywhere I go in my travels when I wear Whalers stuff I get tons of compliments from other fans, and they all tell me they miss the Whale. And I can't remember the last time I've been to a game in NY, NJ or Philly where I didn't see at least one person wearing a Whalers jersey. And not to mention the Brass Bonanza is the de facto CT state anthem (every college band in the state plays it at games).