DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

Was roku the one with the parental control issue?

I did get some parental control message when I went to click on a upcoming scheduled ECW show.

Well all the shows have finally shown up. Only after my Roku went into screen saver mode though. If anyone faces a similar problem try that.

Since I've been out of the loop for many years, just what does the WWE library consist of these days? I know they own the libraries of WCW and ECW. I think I recall them purchasing the AWA, WCCW, and Mid-South libraries as well. I'd also wager they could pop stuff like OVW, possibly USWA, on the network. However, in the long run I wonder if in order to keep up with demand WWE will have to seek out and purchase other libraries. I know they have a ton of content already, but wrestling fans seem to devour content super fast.

You are talking REAL long run here.

Most definitely, but it's a cool prospect to think of. Not complaining of the programming they have now, I think the Network is great, but I think it will be even better once they start adding all the content they still haven't uploaded (and buying other libraries).

A reason to buy tna!

Not to speak for Bill, but I think he meant adding/buying libraries people would actually be interested in watching.

Yep, although I'd imagine there have to be at least some matches in TNA that are worth checking out, maybe.

I envy you guys with a ps3 and no live content or VOD issues. It's just a constant play for a few seconds, buffer for 15 seconds, play for a few seconds, etc. The video quality is also pretty bad. By comparison, it works better on my laptop, but even then there are still problems.

Saw this: http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe/35714-wwe-network-first-run

They're working their butt off to get those ECW Hardcore TV's up.

It's kind of amazing to think that there will be one place that has all the episodes of stuff like Superstars, Saturday Night, Shotgun Saturday Night, Hardcore TV, Nitro, Raw, Smackdown, Thunder, etc. Never thought this day would come, it's probably why I'm getting back into wrestling again.

I really hope that's the way they go. I'd hate to see them removing stuff and all that. I'd love for them to just have as much of the library up there as possible. Even if it ever reached the point where there was no more old footage to add, the $9.99 a month would still be a great bargain to have the complete library and all the pay-per-views (although it'll probably only be like three or four of them by the time they'd have the complete library uploaded).

Anyone try using the Network on a Surface tablet? I'm heading on vacation for three weeks on Tuesday, and would love to check this out - but only if my tablet can handle it. I know there's not a native Windows app yet, but lots of VOD stuff craps out on the browser.

As a heads up the minimum internet speed needed seems to be 1.5 mbps.  My friend was having buffering issues all the time and tech support told him his connection speed of 1 mbps (yes, such speeds still exist) was too slow for the Network.  He upgraded to a 3-mbps setup and hasn't had any more problems.

Speed shouldn't be a problem for me since my home connection is 25mbps. LTE on my phone gives me a good connection as well. So it has to be the PS3 app. I can use the app on my phone using WiFi or LTE at home and it works fine. If I use it on the PS3, which has a wired Ethernet connection, it sputters constantly whenever it isn't locking the system up. I just want to watch MitB 2011! Argh!

Might be the local server. My PS3 runs everything fine except for Arrival, which freezes the system. Double check that the app updated. I know there was one update right before launch that came after it was put on the PSN store.

That's the weird thing, but it's something I've noticed more and more with PS3 apps, so maybe it isn't weird. The app you download is not the most up-to-date version, but when you start the app, it then updates to 1.10. I'll just have to stick with my computer or laptop for now even if those aren't in my main TV watching room.