DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

If you are going to "farm," you need to give it some time to "grow."  Also you may be standing in the wrong spot for shit to spawn/drop properly.  I'd run out of ammo, go pick up ammo, rinse & repeat a few times before I gave up on it.  

That being said, I haven't seen anything official posted about another patch since the one earlier this week for the original treasure cave.

I get that the earbud mic that's packed in sucks dead apes, but it really bothers me that so few people on PS4 use mics. I know damn well this shit doesn't happen on Xbox, where everyone has been trained to expect everyone to have a headset.

Unless someone is in your fireteam there's no way to hear them.

Ugh. I can understand the desire to only have people who have chosen to team together able to talk to prevent bullshit, but it kind of sucks trying to play a pickup game and not being able to coordinate.

• Like 1

Yeah, fun times with the DVDVR crew on PS4. I hope to have many more in the weeks to come.

PSN is being weird. I've sent friend requests to Craig, Chaos, and Brisco with issues ongoing. We'll sort it out eventually.

• Like 2

I get that the earbud mic that's packed in sucks dead apes, but it really bothers me that so few people on PS4 use mics. I know damn well this shit doesn't happen on Xbox, where everyone has been trained to expect everyone to have a headset.

Unless someone is in your fireteam there's no way to hear them.
Ugh. I can understand the desire to only have people who have chosen to team together able to talk to prevent bullshit, but it kind of sucks trying to play a pickup game and not being able to coordinate.

It's supposed to be addressed in the next update. Will be able to opt-in for chat. So there will be lots of opportunities for team coordination and also shit talking in a little while.

I didn't have a problem when I was on at around 12:30-1am...couldn't find a public vent to save my life though. damiendeath and myself did the daily heroic @28 with minimal dying. I'm almost sure he's lurking around here.

Picked up another weapon bounty, super good advice. I'm not going to shitcan this one.

Made it to level 28 and called it a night.

Tomorrow is vault day....

Awesome time with halfaloaf and Oyaji before work. Had the greatest moment of my gaming career when I finished off the dreaded hover tank with a punch.

I played a lot Sunday going from level 14 to level 19. Destiny is a million billion times more fun with friends compared to playing solo.

• Like 2

Tried to do the strike on Venus for the first time last night - had to quit after two minutes because they other two guys I was with raced ahead (since clearly they had done it several times before) and I couldn't find where they went and was surrounded by 90000 Fallen

Would have been a lot easier if the chat options didn't suck

4 of my buddies and I played a bunch of Crucible matches and tore it up last night. I think we only lost once and our closest victory was a difference of 15 points! Craziness. There is such a huge difference between playing with randoms and playing with your buddies on chat. The biggest difference being that my friends and I regularly stuck together or would break off into two groups. It was pretty rare if an enemy team would take out everyone on a kill team. We also would stagger our specials because inevitably, the opposing team would group fight us, which is when one of us would start nuking the shit out of the opposing team. Control wasn't even fair. The final score was so fucking lopsided. I don't think we ever relinquished control of more than one zone.

It's definitely the best way to play Crucible. And just to illustrate the difference, prior to all of us getting a team together, I played some Crucible matches by myself while I waited for a few of them to finish the Queen's Wrath mission. I think I played Skirmish, which is 3 v 3. My other two teammates were complete idiots. I think they thought they could game the system by one of them suiciding themselves by going into the dead zone. When that happens, your Revive point bounces back to the edge of the map. So the other guy still alive would revive the one that was dead, presumably thinking they could just keep getting enough points. Meanwhile, I got slaughtered because it was me taking on the other team by myself. Stupid randos.

• Like 1

Obviously I spent too much time engaging in real life stuff.  While I was out and about over the last few days doing things like attending the Skins / Giants game and going to see The Equalizer, Rippa went apeshit in the Crucible and somehow has double the medal points that I have.

I have work to do.

I finished up the Moon storyline including the strike on the Summoning Pits and have found all of the Gold chests.  I still need to locate the Dead Ghosts.

I checked the Tower online this morning to see what bounties were available.  I am going to grab the Vanguard and Queen's Wrath bounties for killing Fallen majors and the one for killing Sepkis Prime.   I should knock out all three of bounties almost at the same time.

After that, I will nab two or three of the low hanging fruit Crucible bounties and do some damage. 

If Mark is online, we'll get him sorted out through Earth and the Moon.  I will start knocking out Venus story missions tomorrow.

• Like 1

Yeah -  since I maxed out my weekly Crucible points and finally got to Crucible Level 2 - I bought a legendary chest plate. Not that it helps since all my weapons still blow.

But I also decided to join Dead Orbit for now. Or at least during Crucible stuff.

I take the banner off on missions and strikes and stuff since I want to try and max my Vanguard points for that achievement too (which I probably wont do)

Seems like my vanguard and crucible points still go up even when I'm wearing the faction gear.  Is that correct or no?

Well I am specifically talking about the reputation.

I think you can still earn Vanguard and Crucible marks to use - but the rep wont go up.

Seems like my vanguard and crucible points still go up even when I'm wearing the faction gear.  Is that correct or no?

I'm not really sure how it works. 

I thought you were supposed to earn bonus Vanguard marks and rep when doing Vanguard bounties wearing Vanguard stuff (armor, weapons, emblem, class item), bonus Crucible marks and rep when doing Crucible stuff, and earn bonuses to Faction rep while wearing faction gear during Vanguard / Crucible events but still being able to earn marks.

Everyone else at the Bungie forums are also pretty confused about how it is supposed to work.

Obviously I spent too much time engaging in real life stuff.  While I was out and about over the last few days doing things like attending the Skins / Giants game and going to see The Equalizer, Rippa went apeshit in the Crucible and somehow has double the medal points that I have.

I have work to do.

I finished up the Moon storyline including the strike on the Summoning Pits and have found all of the Gold chests.  I still need to locate the Dead Ghosts.

I checked the Tower online this morning to see what bounties were available.  I am going to grab the Vanguard and Queen's Wrath bounties for killing Fallen majors and the one for killing Sepkis Prime.   I should knock out all three of bounties almost at the same time.

After that, I will nab two or three of the low hanging fruit Crucible bounties and do some damage. 

If Mark is online, we'll get him sorted out through Earth and the Moon.  I will start knocking out Venus story missions tomorrow.

I was on a bunch yesterday but never when you were on. I got on after lucha but Phil said you had just quit to watch the football game.

I'm halfway through level 19. Would have gotten to level 20 last night but the servers went down around 11 and i went to bed.

Hopefully, i can play for an hour or two this afternoon before work and get to level 20.

I have no idea what faction I am going to join.  I may just stay neutralish for a while.  I need to get to Vanguard 2 so I can start purchasing Dustwalker armor since the gaming gods were nice enough to send me a Legendary Engram during the mission in the Shrine of Oryx which turned into a free Dustwalker helmet.

There is probably no way I am going to get to Queen 2 in time to get any goodies.  If our rep with the Queen of the Reef does not carry over, I am going to be a little pissed off.