DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Usually, during the day, i hop on for a few minutes at a time, so i have been trying to do group stuff.

I did get to level 20 (which i did by turning in a bounty or cashing in a gold tier event).

I got a maroon/purple shader from the postmaster, so happy to finally look a little different.

• Like 1

I forgot that Xur should show up this weekend.  I have 13 Strange Coins burning a hole in my pocket.  I wonder what will be on sale?

One day I will finally give a shit about leveling up my Warlock alt.

Yep, that's where I was at last week as well.  I would recommend trying the weekly heroic on the hardest difficulty setting.  If you can do it, it will net you an additional 9 strange coins.  I did that last week and was able to get the Suros Regime exotic auto rifle.  Of course, I finished that mission no thanks to myself but because I was with two other decent players.  I died.  A lot. 

I totally forgot about not opening up packages in my mail last night and opened a package to reveal two rare engrams, one of which turned into a green item. God. Dammit.

Hey man, I'm going out of town for work this Sunday and will be working backshift until the 23rd but I'm thinking that by the time I get back I will be leveled up enough to warrant an attempt at the VoG.  I know I will have at least two guys that will be interested in playing through it if you're interested in giving it a shot.  If you haven't done it already by then. 

Here's another tip: You don't always need to be using a specific weapon or piece of armor to level it up. For example, if you have a shiny new Auto Rifle that kicks like a motherfucker, unlike the smooth firing, but lower powered Auto Rifle you're using now, then you don't need to suffer through using that new Auto Rifle, trying to level it up. When you go to turn in your bounties, whatever you're equipped with is what levels up. So you can equip whatever you want to level up, turn in your bounties, and then reap the benefits.

In addition, if you're maxed out on stuff and have some weapons or armor you're just not going to use, equip that, turn in your bounties, level those items up, and then disassemble them to get more Glimmer, Weapons Parts, Sapphire Wire, etc.

This is good advice.

Another question:

Knowing what I know about Factions,  why in the world would I want to purchase Emblems or Class Items from the Speaker?

Because my swank House Baratheon themed cloak is way cooler than my Future War Cult rainbow cloak.

FINALLY had some time to play tonight, after several days of not having the time or not having the energy. Spent about 90 min doing story missions and patrols, and got my first Public Event gold medal/strange coin. Won't need it for a while since I'm still lv10.  I need to make it a point to go on a strike next time I play.

Here's another tip: You don't always need to be using a specific weapon or piece of armor to level it up. For example, if you have a shiny new Auto Rifle that kicks like a motherfucker, unlike the smooth firing, but lower powered Auto Rifle you're using now, then you don't need to suffer through using that new Auto Rifle, trying to level it up. When you go to turn in your bounties, whatever you're equipped with is what levels up. So you can equip whatever you want to level up, turn in your bounties, and then reap the benefits.

In addition, if you're maxed out on stuff and have some weapons or armor you're just not going to use, equip that, turn in your bounties, level those items up, and then disassemble them to get more Glimmer, Weapons Parts, Sapphire Wire, etc.

This is good advice.

Another question:

Knowing what I know about Factions,  why in the world would I want to purchase Emblems or Class Items from the Speaker?

Because my swank House Baratheon themed cloak is way cooler than my Future War Cult rainbow cloak.

But my new Dustwalker cloak goes so well with my skull facepaint!  I am totally the grey-eyed love child of Papa Shango and Sarah Palmer from Halo 4!.

The only way my Hunter could be more awesome was if I had a soulpatch.

Grabbed Vanguard and Queen's Wrath Bounties that would not send me into screaming fits.  Completed the 20 Kills Without Getting Hurt bounty in tandem with killing Riksis for the millionth time while also collecting Ether Drops. 

Cakewalked through Devil's Lair to smoke Sepkis Prime (completed Walking Tall bounty because I didn't die) and finished scoring 100 Precision Kills while doing six patrols on Venus.

That was like five or so bounties complete in about an hour.  VANGUARD RANK 2~!  I now have brand new Dustwalker gauntlets and a Dustwalker cloak.

I may have to let the Hunter Vanguard's stock recycle a couple of times.  I am going to try to purchase armor that is complimentary of my preferred Hand Cannon / Sniper Rifle loadout.

I still have two more Vanguard bounties to go (I have to smoke Merok in the Sword of Crota mission on the Moon with the Heroic modifier active and I also have to kill some Archon Prince in the Winter's Run strike on Venus) and I picked up my first Exotic Bounty this morning. 

Today's Daily Story Mission is the Sword of Crota so I am going to hit that shit and knock out the Vanguard bounty I have for that mission.  Two Birds / One Stone.

I have ten Queen's Wrath strikes in queue so if you 360 guys want to lend a hand so I can finish a couple of them and shred some of her Legendary gear for the shards (right now, the shards are far more valuable to me than the Legendary armor), that would be awesome! .

It would be nice to earn Queen's Favor Rank 2 before the event ends even though I totally hate her brother and intend to gouge his eyes out with my throwing knife before this war is over.

Grats to Rippa for rolling boxcars and having a Legendary Engram convert into an Exotic item... His Titan now has Gauntlets that make it look like he has Tech Armor from the Mass Effect games. 

So much hate... The last two Legendary Engrams I've gotten turned into Blue weapons that I leveled up and stripped for parts.

Since the gauntlets improve Force Barrier, he may start working on his other Titan subclass if he can stop shoulder tackling entire groups of Fallen long enough to change over.  A few missions, strikes, and Vanguard bounties should level up Defender past the point of gimpness, but I think he REALLY likes being a Striker.

Dude - there is literally nothing more satisfying than Pouncing the fuck out of dude in Crucible, ending his kill streak.

Speaking of which - got my first two 5 plus kill streaks

What JT didn't mention with my gauntlets is that it also unlocked the exotic bounties. Like I dope I was like I MUST TAKE THE ONE WHERE I TALK TO IKORA!!!!

And of course - Part 1 - PART ONE - of the bounty is doing 5 strikes without dying. I haven't even done one yet. Sigh...

Also - what is up with the bullshit of getting legendary equipment from engrams that aren't for your class. I got Legendary boots out of an engram last night but they are for a Warlock only. Guess I know what my first secondary character will be

I can do the Devil's Lair strike in my sleep without dying in like twenty minutes if I am not partnered with flakes or cowards.  I have done the Summoning Pits without dying three times out of five.   We both know what happened when we had our showdown with the Nexus last night.  SO CLOSE~!

You can always level up your Defender subclass with Vanguard or Queen's Wrath bounties and use the Striker subclass for Crucible matches and collecting Crucible bounties.. 

That is what I am doing with my Hunter.  I use my maxed out Bladedancer subclass during Crucible matches and level up Gunslinger with single player stuff.  Once I have both subclasses maxed out, I will give my Warlock alt some more love and start a Titan alt.

I also have an Exotic Bounty that requires me to complete a Weekly Heroic Strike.  That shit is not going to get done until I get another piece of Dustwalker armor, if not finish the set.

We got the 59 minute rule because one of the guys in Exercise Division is retiring.  God willing, I should be home by 2PM EST.

That Earth strike is cake. Plus, there's always a Queen's Bounty for killing Sepkis, along with the normal Vanguard bounty for doing a strike without dying. You could grind that all with ease.

When does the patch go live?

Nobody knows.  Their post on the board last week said the patch would be this week so everyone was thinking it would drop yesterday but obviously it hasn't yet.  Sucks because I have two packages at the postmaster and it's so damn hard letting them sit there. 

Got plenty of bounties done yesterday.  That's my main goal so I can get my faction rep up to level 2.  Ended the night about 150 rep short so I will easily get that tonight. 

Sidenote: The bounty where you have to defeat 10 Hive majors or ultras is really fast and easy.  On Earth patrol, that little shack to the left has those three dudes down below that used to fuck everyone up in the beta if you wandered down there.  Kill those, come up out of the basement, wait a few seconds, and go back down and they respawn.  Bounty took about three minutes. 

Also, that Nexus boss can go fuck itself. One hit kills, slowest revolving shield ever, and adds that spawn way too fast that are nearly as deadly as the Nexus.

We would've made it through the Nexus strike without dying if we had not been so enamored with the scenery that we fucked up and dropped all the way down to the lower level instead of jumping to one of the higher elevated ledges.  We got swarmed by the Vex while evading the Nexus's big blast o'doom.

Lessons learned.

Fuck the Devil Walker

I have no idea how you have so many fluke deaths attributed to that stupid tank.  Phoggoth in the Summoning Pits gives me more pause than than damn Devil Walker.

As Craig says, the Earth strike is Glimmer in the pocket.  Already knocked out the Kill Sepkis Prime / Walking Tall bounties for the day.  Twenty minutes or button mashing while partaking of a lovely breakfast shake.

Since I am in need of more Vanguard marks, I may endure Psycho Josh's power gaming ways and get him to help me out in one of the Vanguard Strike Playlists, but I need to knock out today's Daily Heroic Mission first since it directly relates to a Vanguard bounty I have active.

Not even that we both literally died with 5 seconds left.

I cant even begin to explain the difference in doing that strike when I was like Level 18 with shitty weapons and doing it as Level 25... with shitty weapons

I have a package and about 5 or 6 Engrams just waiting there. 

Also, to tack onto your note about killing the Hive Majors/Ultras, if you have the bounty for killing Fallen Majors/Ultras, there's another Queen's bounty that has you take out some dude on Venus, Draksis or something. The dude who has a fucking throne room. Anyway, before you hit the cave to start heading towards his ship, there's a bunch of Fallens there, along with a Fallen Captain who is a major. You can stack the Draksis run, killing 200 Fallen with headshots, getting 200 precision kills, killing 10 Fallen Majors and picking up those one drops for the Queen all on that entire story mission. However, that first part with the Fallen Captain you can farm in about 15 to 20 minutes. You may spend 45 minutes to an hour total on that story mission, but you can crank out 5 bounties all at once.

• Like 3

That's now what I look for in bounties, stacking. Between the three types of bounties, you can usually find a number of ways to stack at a minimum 2 bounties, but usually it's 3 and sometimes 5.

• Like 2

I have a package and about 5 or 6 Engrams just waiting there. 

Also, to tack onto your note about killing the Hive Majors/Ultras, if you have the bounty for killing Fallen Majors/Ultras, there's another Queen's bounty that has you take out some dude on Venus, Draksis or something. The dude who has a fucking throne room. Anyway, before you hit the cave to start heading towards his ship, there's a bunch of Fallens there, along with a Fallen Captain who is a major. You can stack the Draksis run, killing 200 Fallen with headshots, getting 200 precision kills, killing 10 Fallen Majors and picking up those one drops for the Queen all on that entire story mission. However, that first part with the Fallen Captain you can farm in about 15 to 20 minutes. You may spend 45 minutes to an hour total on that story mission, but you can crank out 5 bounties all at once.

Rippa and I are masters of the art of stacking multiple bounty objectives together.. Precision kills on Fallen while doing patrols on Venus and collecting Ether Drops = working on four bounties at the same time.

You should see us at work during Mass Effect 3 co-op.  "Well, if I play a Krogan and use a Shotgun and we set the enemies to Cerberus only so that I can kill Dragoons with melee strikes, I can get XYZPDQ done in like five matches. Maybe three if I can charge and Atlas or two.." 

Only in gaming does OCD become a beneficial attribute.

Nothing makes Rippa more giddy than having multiple Crucible bounties to work on, especially given that we don't totally suck at Destiny PvP anymore.  Not only can he complete multiple Crucible bounties at the same time, he can also earn combat medals.

MULTITASKING~!

Not even that we both literally died with 5 seconds left.

I cant even begin to explain the difference in doing that strike when I was like Level 18 with shitty weapons and doing it as Level 25... with shitty weapons

It would help that I did not get amnesia in the heat of battle.

Wait, WHY AM I NOT USING MY HEAVY MACHINE GUN NOW~?!