DVDVR Message Board

It's wealthy American businessman Montel Vontavius Porter!  

Did anyone else crack up for them being "live" from Glasgow? Apparently what Magnus said about them being unemployed was true... how else could they go to a wrestling show that started at 2am local time on a work night?

Guys guys guys guys guys. You've got Sam all wrong- that secret shrine in his house is actually for Christy's identical twin sister Misty Hemme.

So...

I'm supposed to believe that a guy that couldn't get above the US Title in the WWE could buy half of TNA...

Actually, wait, that is believable now that I think about it.

You would have thought they could have built up the Beautiful People reunion better (and poor poor dead to them Angelina Love) - of course, they also completely wasted it on a 2 minute match because apparently the wrestling was getting in the way of the talking.

So...

I'm supposed to believe that a guy that couldn't get above the US Title in the WWE could buy half of TNA...

Actually, wait, that is believable now that I think about it.

See...

Also, MVP was the highest paid WWE Superstar ever for years.

This is actually a pretty shocking amount of kayfabe continuity for TNA.

So it turns out that Davey Richards is barely taller than Rockstar Spud. His opponents should be able to press against his forehead and hold him at arm's length while he fails harmlessly at the air in front of him like CM Punk did to El Torito in the Rumble.

That is/was a regular Fuerza Guerrera spot in Mexico.

I heard rumblings that Magnus is injured and they have to keep hiding him in his matches, hence the Styles and Sting clusterfluffs. TNA is stuck with the angle, they can't really end it until Lockdown at the earliest. Don't know what his injury is.

Antonio created the MVP name and character before he came to WWE. It is exclusively his.

Still wouldn't keep a company from trying to put a clause in your contract where you had to sign over your IP rights in order to join the fed.  WWE tried to gridlock Goldberg by forcing him to allow WWE to trademark the design for his tattoo.

It is amazing how TNA has become the fed that is chock full of workers I used to like but no longer give a shit about anymore. It is the elephant graveyard of professional wrestling.

• Like 1

I heard rumblings that Magnus is injured and they have to keep hiding him in his matches, hence the Styles and Sting clusterfluffs. TNA is stuck with the angle, they can't really end it until Lockdown at the earliest. Don't know what his injury is.

Thanks Dixieland ladder match!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't MVP doing a gimmick right before his WWE face turn where he lost all his money or something to that effect?

I think it was that Long kept trying to void his contract because he kept losing and wasn't worth what they were paying him.  He finally did, and brought him back under a much "lower" contract.

Antonio created the MVP name and character before he came to WWE. It is exclusively his.

Still wouldn't keep a company from trying to put a clause in your contract where you had to sign over your IP rights in order to join the fed.  WWE tried to gridlock Goldberg by forcing him to allow WWE to trademark the design for his tattoo.

It is amazing how TNA has become the fed that is chock full of workers I used to like but no longer give a shit about anymore. It is the elephant graveyard of professional wrestling.

As I told Chris Sims awhile back, it's where wrestling goes to die.

Didn't people want Mike Tenay to stop saying "we know who that is!!!" every time an ex-WWE guy debuted in TNA? I guess he couldn't say it because all black guys look alike and all white wrestling fans would have a hard time telling who that is.

Oh snap, its Shad Gaspard... Nope, nope, nope... Its erm Elijah Burke, the Pope is back... Hold on.. I can get this...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't MVP doing a gimmick right before his WWE face turn where he lost all his money or something to that effect?

Maybe he invested in TNA back in 2006, he still owns half the stock, its just financially worthless at this point.

WWE wouldn't have been able to trademark "MVP". This happened 20 years ago when New Japan tried to assert its rights on Vader's name.

Does Christy Hemme not watch Impact? Or does everybody in the company hate her? Nobody tells her about Sam Shaw's Creeptorium? Seriously?

I'm all for shitting on TNA but that is a wrestling staple. Sometimes wrestling is like sports/live television where everyone sees everything and other times it's supposed to be more like a "movie".

There was a time when TNA was very rigid about showing only what could be plausibly recorded at a live sporting event. There were no invisible cameramen or magically hidden cameras. There was always a reason for the camera to be there. It was during the Russo era, although I think it may have been credited to Dutch Mantell. It ended when Hogan and Bischoff came on board.

Oh - I finally remembered what I wanted to ask

So Count Bauer was on Twitter today bitching about some horrible business exposing shot when Bully Ray was walking to the ring.

Something about showing the whole locker room and breaking kayfabe or something.

I was long asleep by this point - anyone know what he was talking about?

When Bully Ray was walking backstage, you see in the background Dixie and Spud talking to James Storm (I think). Dixie and Spud duck behind something, Storm walks the other way, and Angle bends down to hide sitting in a chair in front of them. I think Magnus is stretching maybe ten feet away. It's comical because it looks like they are hiding from a camera other than the one that is actually shooting.

So Count Bauer was on Twitter today bitching about some horrible business exposing shot when Bully Ray was walking to the ring.

Something about showing the whole locker room and breaking kayfabe or something.

Yeah, he pushed the casket (which in the backstage segment was a storage container with a sheet draped over it) right past Magnus, Dixie, Kurt, and someone else lounging around at a table together or something.

Yeah, he pushed the casket (which in the backstage segment was a storage container with a sheet draped over it) right past Magnus, Dixie, Kurt, and someone else lounging around at a table together or something.

Aww geeze, how hard could it have been to do a take two? Oh, that's right, the show was "live".

If TNA is looking to cut costs, fire Tenay and Taz, let Borash call shows solo.

Also, why can't wrestlers wear suits good? The Wolves looked like they were going to jr prom.

Their suits were still better than their new fauxhawks.

Completely true.