DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

I don't think they should go that route during the show because, yeah, it's too obvious. But I do find it forced how much they're actively trying to avoid even the suggestion of it. It does make their relationship pretty odd, even more so than other Watson/Sherlock pairings.

So yeah, if I keep watching Orphan Black, my relationship will be in jeopardy. 

I think it is the Lisa Loeb with braids thing that Cosima Niehaus (one of the clones played by Tatiana Maslany) has going on that does it to me...

cosima-niehaus-profile.jpg

I honestly expected worse from Stewart. His most masterful work was Bullshit Mountain so I expect that, but it was still a great take down. I hope Hannity fires back just so Stewart eclipses Bullshit Mountain.

THE KILLING will be back for a final season as a Netflix exclusive. Since season 3 was not-terrible, I'll probably check it out.

Joel Kinnaman may be one of the best examples ever of an actor giving a performance so good it outclasses the show he's in.

So in addition to the "found footage" reboot, there are also plans to make a new Friday the 13th TV series this time featuring Jason "in different time periods".

Oh joy.

"I traveled all the way back in time to call you a cracker".

bring back Robey

(oh boy, i never knew she did a cover of One Night in Bangkok)

• Like 2

Question: If Oprah is so determined to "save" Lindsay Lohan, why did she think sticking her on television and exploiting her problems for ratings was the answer?

Lindsay Lohan's insane t.v. tears are a natural resource.  Oprah is human fracking.

Why are you against job creation?  Joel McHale's writers have mortgages too.

Question: If Oprah is so determined to "save" Lindsay Lohan, why did she think sticking her on television and exploiting her problems for ratings was the answer?

Lindsay's been exploited pretty much her whole life.  At least this time, she was aware of what was going on and willingly did it for the money.  No one went into this situation with false illusions.

Yeah, but I always thought better of Oprah. It seems like she'd be above something as crass as this. She's the Queen of America, for God's sake.

You obviously have never paid attention to her career. . . 

• Like 1

It's funny, because I've been reading a book by a woman who was raised in a sectarian Christian cult (GIRL AT THE END OF THE WORLD) and she talks about how she got a TV for the first time at 25, saw Oprah and immediately recognized about half the stuff she did as the same manipulation, breakdown/buildup and leading that she'd seen her pastors do a billion times and had run away from.

• Like 1

It's funny, because I've been reading a book by a woman who was raised in a sectarian Christian cult (GIRL AT THE END OF THE WORLD) and she talks about how she got a TV for the first time at 25, saw Oprah and immediately recognized about half the stuff she did as the same manipulation, breakdown/buildup and leading that she'd seen her pastors do a billion times and had run away from.

There are sectarian Christian cults that give everyone free cars and let you jump up and down on their couches?

About those cars:  She claimed them as a tax write off, so all the people in the audience had to pay the taxes on them (if she had not claimed them, but rather had them be officially gifts instead of prizes, they would have been tax free to the audience) despite the fact that the cars were donated to the show, and she didn't pay a dime for them.

She's working the marks, brah.

Guest Edwin

Has anyone seen Nathan Fielder's Nathan For You show on Comedy Central? It's a comedy documentary show where he helps struggling business to progress with questionable tactics such as poo frozen yogurt, promoting food in restaurant bathrooms, etc.

The gas station rebate segment was particularly great.

That description doesn't really do it justice. It's hilarious and it was renewed for a new season which premiers on June 24.

Here's some highlights of the gas station rebate segment: http://www.cc.com/episodes/z5sar1/nathan-for-you-gas-station-caricature-artist-season-1-ep-103