DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Holy fucking shit, Jon Stewart fucking EVISCERATED Sean Hannity tonight on Daily Show. By the time he finished I was laughing my ass off and yelling "DOWN GOES FRAZIER!" Y'all gotta see this. :)

The history lesson at the end was fucking beautiful.

Another great episode of Survivor. Tony finding the powerful idol was so great. Win or lose I see him on an All Star season down the road. Spencer and Tasha are also playing strong games. Spencer should have shown off the idol and read them at tribal. Just playing it for himself is the safest move though.

Guest Edwin

Yeah, Jon was totally softcore on him considering how hard he went on him last night...

The Daily Show is sooooo consistently good.

Him going off on PU-TIN in recents weeks/months and his take on the entire Crimea invasion has been awesome.

Also #McConnelling was great.

He's rich as fuck. That indicates some savvy.

So, you're saying that no super-rich guy who decides to buy a sporting team can be totally incompetent in running the team because he must have some savvy to have gotten himself into a position to buy the team in the first place?

Elementary is currently trying to convince viewers that Lucy Liu and Rhys Ifans can be a believable romantic couple.

You know the chemistry Mulder and Scully had? Those two have, like, the opposite. It's almost startling how bad is. People will switch over and wonder why Lucy Liu is flirting with a homeless man.

Her and Miller have a strong chemistry that is sort of romantic. It's kind of weird, in the bbc show, and all the other versions, you get the feeling there could be something between Watson/Sherlock except 1) Sherlock is pretty much asexual 2) Watson is straight. Whereas here it's like, he's straight, she's straight, they live together, they get along, they're both attractive people so...why wouldn't they be together? Other than the show just doesn't want to go that route.

I don't really feel a romantic chemistry between Lui and Miller. And the show has avoided going there because it would have been too annoyingly obvious. There avoiding that route has actually been one of the better things about the show. I do agree that they are trying to hard with Joan and Mycroft. I don';t think it matters too much after the end of tonight's episode and the preview for next week.