DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

You know how people are with The Wire? Always recommending it to friends and saying how it's the best show ever? I'm a bit like that with Hannibal.

I'm also constantly hyping up Almost Human because of the special place in my heart I have for unapologetic Blade Runner rip offs. (Like they even had the exact same giant ad with the Asian woman one week!)

ORPHAN BLACK is a very entertaining show with an insanely talented performer at the center, but it's not essential viewing. If it wasn't for Tatiana Maslany giving such a preposterous, incredible 12-in-1 performance, it would be regarded as roughly on par with a Syfy Original.

I give zero fucks about any of the mythology stuff. Just give me more of Maslany playing a clone playing another clone who's playing another clone.

This past Sunday's Veep may have been the best ever. Soooo good. Also, the back and forth over the pronunciation of the name "Craig" perfectly sums up every time someone has butchered the pronunciation of my name.

• Like 1

This past Sunday's Veep may have been the best ever. Soooo good. Also, the back and forth over the pronunciation of the name "Craig" perfectly sums up every time someone has butchered the pronunciation of my name.

I feel like those 24 minutes rendered the entire season of SILICON VALLEY superfluous.

The Almost Human thing is weird because places like EW said it was getting renewed. It was also doing better ratings than The Following and most other Fox shows.

Oh, well. Here's hoping Fox never do another sci-fi show I end up getting invested in.

And if Hannibal gets cancelled...well, I probably won't be posting on here anymore because my keyboard will be drowned in tears. 

It's very hard to type in that case from what I understand.

Dammit, think positive thoughts. Don't jinx things.

I have to think Hannibal will get picked up somewhere even if NBC cancel on it. When you're widely considered to be one of the best shows ever made...SOMEONE has to pick you up.

I mean, come on. Netflix gave the The Killing an extra season and no one cared about that.

I feel like those 24 minutes rendered the entire season of SILICON VALLEY superfluous.

Oh, for sure. I'm still cracking up over the "Craig" joke. For the record, it should just be Craig, like, Greg, but with a C.

Jonah has been the best, though. Him getting fired has upped his insanity by 1000%. 

Where will Doctor Who guests go now when they plug stuff in America?

They can stay in the UK because civilized Americans with proper cable television packages will just watch them on Graham Norton's talk show on BBC America.

• Like 1

That's really shitty news about Almost Human, and just further reinforces my "wait two seasons before I invest" rule.  I legit got interested in this show, watched it every week, and now I feel like my time has been wasted.  It never fails.

• Like 1

What bothers me is that it actually had good ratings. It was doing better than most things on Fox.

Something getting canceled because it does terribly? Sure, it's sad, but I understand. But now they cancel stuff that does well too. Infuriating.

What bothers me is that it actually had good ratings. It was doing better than most things on Fox.

Something getting canceled because it does terribly? Sure, it's sad, but I understand. But now they cancel stuff that does well too. Infuriating.

My only guess is that it cost too much to make and they weren't making enough in ad revenue to off set that? 

I'd been meaning to check it out since it first came out but just finally got around to watching it and holy crap Netflix's Orange is the New Black is tremendous. Great mix of drama and comedy. The 2nd season can't come soon enough.

• Like 1