DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Loder is 72.  I find that hard to believe.  He looked ancient back when I was watching MTV in the 80's (early 90's?).  From my recollection, he could have passed for late 50's/60 back in 1990.  No wonder they say "live fast, die young".  If you live the rock n' roll lifestyle, you look like the crypt keeper when you get old. 

Still not good, but....  Kurt Loder = Jerry Lawler, basically.

When a friend of mine and I were in full Beavis and Butthead mode, sitting on the couch flipping through the channels eating frozen pizza...we would hear the MTV NEWS bumper (digga digga di dooooo BOm BOM BOM BOOOOMMMMMM) and we'd be like:

"Tabitha SOREN TABITHA SOREN...Come on, Soren"

and then it would be Kurt Loder and we'd be like

"AWWWW...FUCKING LODE, MAN??? FUCK THIS! Turn on Fall Guy."

Yep.  I was that.

My girlfriend has me ridiculously addicted to Sirens now.  I can only watch the completely uncut versions on USA On Demand.  Having the awesomeness of Again I Ride by Tree Adams as the theme song was a bonus.

My wife's reaction to the first time she saw a commercial for NBC's version of Rosemary's Baby

"Fuck That!"

That about sums it up so perfectly for so many reasons

So tonight the Sundance Network was showing...reruns of LAW AND ORDER.

And why not?  What else would I expect to be showing there?  Like, an independent film or something?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

aaahhhhhh.

"Look, kid, you wanna watch Law and Order or not?  Because that's all there is."

Last night, WE was showing "Law and Order" episodes from season 1.  Kinda  cool.  I've seen L&O reruns so many times I can't stomach most of them any more, but you rarely see seasons 1-3 in syndication (pre-Chris Noth and Sam Waterston, basically).

Is WE still supposed to be a women's channel?  I only started paying attention to it recently,  They run L&O and CSI: Miami marathons four nights a week, which seems to guarantee women probably won't watch in large numbers.

Also, Bob's Burgers was outstanding this week.   Probably the funniest ep they've done in awhile and one of my favorites of the series,  Don't think there was a dull moment.

Also, Bob's Burgers was outstanding this week.   Probably the funniest ep they've done in awhile and one of my favorites of the series,  Don't think there was a dull moment.

I like Bob's Burgers, I think it's the funniest show week-in and week-out, but "The Equestranauts" is no "Boys 4 Now".

• Like 1