DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I don't really think Steve Smith is a bad guy, he is just a 5'9 guy who makes sure you won't treat him like a 5'9 guy

Sorry, being shorter than average doesn't give a person a pass on being a complete and total dickhead.  Lots of short dudes in this universe have figured out how to live life without acting the way Smith does.   

I don't really think Steve Smith is a bad guy, he is just a 5'9 guy who makes sure you won't treat him like a 5'9 guy

Sorry, being shorter than average doesn't give a person a pass on being a complete and total dickhead.  Lots of short dudes in this universe have figured out how to live life without acting the way Smith does.   

I agree, but Steve Smith is a person who on and around the field seems like a crazy person, but I'm pretty sure it is a defense mechanism that he developed from generally being the guy most likely to be picked on.  Andrew Martin is a 300 lb. man who people thought it was OK to call racial epithets to his face, I'm pretty sure Steve Smith doesn't have those issues.  Not really a bad guy, just a guy who is willing to become as bad of a guy as a person provokes him to be.  Maybe you shouldn't provoke him.

Sorry, being shorter than average doesn't give a person a pass on being a complete and total dickhead. Lots of short dudes in this universe have figured out how to live life without acting the way Smith does.

This is stupid. How many times has he been in the media throwing his team mates under the bus? How many cases had he had? Rape allegations? So basically your issue is that he's a hot head and a small guy in a big man's game and he behaves as such. I don't even know why I addressed this, it's stupid.

That said, I'll take a seething ball of anger like Smitty over a blase' dude like Randy Moss every day of the week.

Steve Smith put that little bitch Jimmy Clausen in his place, which makes him alright in my book.

And now I just remembered back to the time Jimmy Clausen got his ass kicked at a local burger joint for being a prick.

As if Steve Smith is in any way deserving of being treated with "class"

I don't really think Steve Smith is a bad guy, he is just a 5'9 guy who makes sure you won't treat him like a 5'9 guy.  Being his size he probably learned at a young age that he would have to lay hands on someone from time to time, just to stop people from fucking with him.  I was a short, skinny kid with big glasses and bad skin and people liked joking on me until they realized an ass whooping was a very real possibility.  Steve Smith makes sure you realize that an ass whooping is a very real possibility, and his life is probably a whole lot easier because of it.

He's been suspended multiple times by his own team for fighting his own teammates and was arrested for one of those fights.  He's acted like a dickhead repeatedly to opposing players, to teammates, to coaches, you name it.

But hey, he's short, that makes it OK.  We'll just ignore all the dudes like Wes Welker or Glyn Milburn or Darren Sproles or whatever that somehow manage to not beat up their teammates despite being short.

Moss never produced without an elite QB. Smitty carried Jake Delhomme to a Super Bowl.

Randall Cunningham was elite?  WTF.

Randy played with an elite QB for a little over 3 seasons.  Those seasons produced his 2nd, 7th, and 9th highest yardage totals.  Yeah, he set the TD record one of those years.

In other words, Randy produced in a whole lot of seasons without having an elite QB.

"Moss never produced without an elite QB" might be one of the more factually incorrect statements we've seen on the football boards in awhile.

Moss never produced without an elite QB. Smitty carried Jake Delhomme to a Super Bowl.

Randall Cunningham was elite?  WTF.

Randy played with an elite QB for a little over 3 seasons.  Those seasons produced his 2nd, 7th, and 9th highest yardage totals.  Yeah, he set the TD record one of those years.

In other words, Randy produced in a whole lot of seasons without having an elite QB.

"Moss never produced without an elite QB" might be one of the more factually incorrect statements we've seen on the football boards in awhile.

Bingo.  So Rippa and I were curious, according to Pro Football Reference , QB's in Minnesota during Moss's tenure are:

Randall Cunningham, Brad Johnson, JAY FIEDLER~!~!!!, Jeff George, Daunte Culpepper, BUBBY BRISTER!!!!, SPERGON WYNN!!!, Todd Bowman and Gus Frerotte.

I think the case could probably be made that Moss never had an elite QB until he went to New England.

• Like 1

Daunte Culpepper and Randall Cunningham were FUCKING GREAT, playing with Moss and Carter for the record. 

Agreed.  I believe Moss even made Jeff George not look so much like...well...Jeff George too.

I think that says everything you need to know about Randy Moss.

Randall Cunningham was elite? WTF.

Randy played with an elite QB for a little over 3 seasons. Those seasons produced his 2nd, 7th, and 9th highest yardage totals. Yeah, he set the TD record one of those years.

Daunte was elite for a couple years.

But that said, it was a foolish statement. I can own it even though I do genuinely think there are numerous people I'd rather have then that lazy malcontent.

Not just Rice either. I'd take TO, Irvin, #89 in his prime, Megatron, Cris Carter, all of them over Randy.

Randall Cunningham was elite? WTF.

Randy played with an elite QB for a little over 3 seasons. Those seasons produced his 2nd, 7th, and 9th highest yardage totals. Yeah, he set the TD record one of those years.

Daunte was elite for a couple years.

But that said, it was a foolish statement. I can own it even though I do genuinely think there are numerous people I'd rather have then that lazy malcontent.

Not just Rice either. I'd take TO, Irvin, #89 in his prime, Megatron, Cris Carter, all of them over Randy.