DVDVR Message Board

2024 INDY WRESTLING THREAD

Huh. An indie show dedicated to DEAN!

I don't know exactly who all is involved with this, but I know that ACTION Wrestling is run by Matt Griffin aka Jacey North, and they typically put together great shows.

• Like 6

Thanks everyone, I completely forgot to post about DEAN~!!! on here last night once I launched it from the ACTION twitter account

A show has long been in the works and we're excited.  I'll let my partners chime in on their own about it!

• Like 1

The Vermont Hollywood is a huge upgrade in venues compared to their previous LA spots (The Globe and The Glasshouse). Better lighting, better sightlines, even better parking.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Prestige Wrestling (@WrestlePrestige) on X

First time ever. Which, you would think someone would have gotten around to this a lot sooner, wouldn't you?

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't watched much indy stuff in years for reasons but signed up for Triller Plus and am watching GCW Ashes to Ashes. First time seeing Jack Cartwheel and I was prepared to hate his schtick but I kinda dug it. Helps that he pulled out a Sasuke Special which is one of my favorite moves. The show gave me the feeling I used to have watching IWA MS shows especially with Prazak on commentary. Abdullah Kobayashi and Tremont was a stinker. At one point Tremont was a really good deathmatch worker but he's fallen off. Every time I see her I wish Maki Ito was in AEW on my TV weekly. 

• Like 4

Posted too soon. The main event was quite good. Nick Gage vs Ryuji Ito. Obviously Ito isn't the death match worker he once was but still can go to an extent. Gage is a king in GCW and works the crowd accordingly. I'm glad he's having the second part of his career that he is. 

More Mania week stuff, this time at the Ukie Club on Franklin Street. The promotions are local to NEPA, but from 6-8pm on 4/4 Grand Slam Wrestling is running an event, and from 8-10 Smash Master Wrasslin’ and BYO Wrestling are teaming up to run an event, featuring the below: 

GJSqeAPWoAAH-4n?format=png&name=small

Here’s the GSW info, too, just pretend it says 6-8 instead of 7-9 😂

GIB-J2SW0AA8dbo?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by YouHaveUntil5
Fixed the picture link

2 hours ago, YouHaveUntil5 said:

More Mania week stuff, this time at the Ukie Club on Franklin Street. The promotions are local to NEPA, but from 6-8pm on 4/4 Grand Slam Wrestling is running an event, and from 8-10 Smash Master Wrasslin’ and BYO Wrestling are teaming up to run an event, featuring the below: 

GJSqeAPWoAAH-4n?format=png&name=small

Here’s the GSW info, too, just pretend it says 6-8 instead of 7-9 😂

GIB-J2SW0AA8dbo?format=jpg&name=medium

And since they announced their time change, I’ll add that 880 Wrestling is kicking off the day at the Ukie Club, running from 4-6pm (ignore that the flyer below says 11pm, there’s some noise ordinances that were discovered after the event was booked). 

GHZZFUSW4AAOB7d?format=jpg&name=large

So to recap, at the Ukie Club on April 4:

880 Wrestling - 4-6pm

Grand Slam Wrestling - 6-8pm

Smash Master Wrasslin’/BYO Wrestling - 8-10pm

This is an outdoor event!

I went to an indie show this evening! It were dead good!

1. Flash Morgan Webster beats Lionel Da Silva
    Jacob North beats Benjamin Harland
    SCRAMBLE MATCH: Hazz Hype beats Luka Romeo, Big Bubba Quaide, Visage, TJ Sky and guy whose name I didn't catch
    Brendan White beats Lucia Lee

Intermission
    Wild Boar & Ricky Regan beat Nishiki & MJ Grayson
    Zoe Nix beats Violet Nyte
    NEW WAVE WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP: Leon Cage (c) beats Jack Knudsen

Harland, Nix, Cage and especially Knudsen are really, really good for their age and experience level. Stars of the future maybe.
  • Like 1