DVDVR Message Board

2024 NCAAB - MADNESS

Dolfan in NYC

Count the steps! It's fun! I don't know what event at Prudential forced the Hall to use Walsh Gym (capacity: 137), but I'll be damned if that isn't the atmosphere the NIT needs. Hell, make every school use their on-campus gym if they have one.

Seattle won the CBI (over High Point)

Norfolk State won the CIT (over Purdue - Fort Wayne)

EDIT - I should note that I didn't even realize the CIT was back. Only 9 teams accepted playing with Norfolk State being granted a bye to the semis and they hosted both games they played so... yeah

43 minutes ago, Log said:

I know people do the "they were still alive?" thing when celebrities die, but when he "officially" dies, I'm going to cite this as evidence he's been dead since the pandemic.

• Haha 1

Just now, TimLivingston said:

It really is. And they just won so now we get to hear more lovely sound bites. 

Those soundbites were going to happen no matter what. Since they won she's just going to be vindictive whereas shed've blamed the "distraction" if they'd lost. You know, the distraction of her Streisanding a non-story to the nth degree and forcing her girls to lose focus.

13 hours ago, Pete said:

Those soundbites were going to happen no matter what. Since they won she's just going to be vindictive whereas shed've blamed the "distraction" if they'd lost. You know, the distraction of her Streisanding a non-story to the nth degree and forcing her girls to lose focus.

Threatening to sue over an article she hasn't even read. 

She is a garbage human being. 

• Like 1

So NC State and Texas are playing (and agreed to it) in the women's March Madness on a court where the 3 point line is different for each side.   No way any part of this happens in men's version 

Duke's decision to not double team D.J. Burns in order to reduce the impact of his excellent post passing looked smart in the first half.

It's looking like the worst strategic decision in recent basketball history in the second.

Edited by Brian Fowler

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

So NC State and Texas are playing (and agreed to it) in the women's March Madness on a court where the 3 point line is different for each side.   No way any part of this happens in men's version 

Oddly enough, though, there was one regulation and one "shorter", but the shorter line had a worse percentage for the games played using it.  Besides, don't teams switch the ends of the floor they're going to at half?

Still bullshit, though.

Edited by Contentious C

I don’t know how long DJ Burns would hang around pro basketball. But for some weird reason, it wouldn’t shock me if he was coaching somewhere one day. As impossible as it would seem to predict current college basketball players future coaching prospects.

• Like 1