DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WILD CARD ROUND

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So it is way too late to postpone the Bills game in my opinion.  In looking at social media the stadium is still full of snow.  People complaining that they were robbed of a snow game will still get their wish

It was always going to still be a snowy game, just.... less snow and hopefully not during a thundersnow storm. While I am sure its an extremely fluid situation, the winter storm warning for Buffalo ends at 1 PM so if the snow slows they should be able to get it cleared out, they are surprisingly fast at that. It'll still be "around" but not impacting the game itself as much.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So it is way too late to postpone the Bills game in my opinion.  In looking at social media the stadium is still full of snow.  People complaining that they were robbed of a snow game will still get their wish

They'll get their wish of watching players playing on an unheated surface that will feel like concrete and badly injure someone

• Like 1

From looking at the pregame, I think they are more worried about the fans throwing the snow on other fans just to figure out what seat you are in.   Fans are using shovels to get into their seats 

I am sure all the "real men" who think they should have played yesterday because we are all triggered would be really pissed seeing about 5 inches of snow on your seat and growing.  

Edited by hammerva

A lot of people on the Internet fake-concerned about Bills fans having snow in their seats. I'm sure they will be capable of.... brushing it off before sitting. Then they'll have the snow at their feet to make snowballs.

25 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

in theory, having the stadium be a bit under capacity due to snow should be a help, even if a minor one, for the Steelers, as opposed to having a packed house

Not sure that theory is holding true, looks pretty packed. I wonder if it did limit the number of Steelers fans though, as some that planned to make the drive (about 3.5 hours) may not have due to either the change in day or the weather. 

• Like 1

This nothing like last years Chiefs game.  It is much worse so far.  

The standard is the standard 

Seriously Mason is in deep shit to begin with and these receivers are just handing the game away 

Edited by hammerva

At this point injuring the punter might be the only bright spot for the Steelers.  And even that was less on them

Well a TD in the 1st half was better than last year.  Although left a ton of time on the clock

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

When Pitt got that third down stop, my wife yells out "Pittsburgh just sucks" I ask what she means, since they'd just made a big play and she says "Look at the score, and all that guy did was just swat the ball." The next play, they block the FG and then score a TD. I told her that I think they heard  her and she made them angry. 

Holy crap we actually have a game now.  The bullshit is definitely real for Pittsburgh now  

And Fitzpatrick killed the game with an incredibly lazy tackle effort.  

Edited by hammerva

1 minute ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Shakir just clenched the game.

(I almost let autocorrect keep his name as "Shakira", but I changed it to avoid confusion.)

A fitting typo that you left in, seeing as Buffalo had some mighty tight sphincters for most of that drive.