DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK THIRTEEN

RIPPA

Greenlaw was not swinging. He was doing the “see how easy I could punch you like this” gesture. Meanwhile the fat guy wasn’t breaking anything up. His back was to the scuffle. He was doing nothing but running his mouth. Then when Greenlaw said something back the fat guy pushed him. Now it was a weak ass push, but if Greenlaw can get ousted for a fake punch then the fat guy can get ousted for a weak push that he did first while he was doing his job wrong. I don’t think they should have ejected either of them, but I think ejecting both of them was the 2nd best call. They dang sure couldn’t let the fat guy get away with that and they couldn’t ignore the first flag for the foul.

Make up calls used to be common. That had to be what that was. I can’t remember one from the last 15 years at least off the top of my head. 

There was no PI on the Hailmary. The ball was gone by the time they hit Kelsey and their heads were turned upfield.

I think the Chiefs and Eagles are scary now though. They were straight mad after these losses. That’s always how good teams get playoff ready. I think they just that now. 

I wish the commentators would give up on the "was that pass interference???" on the Hail Mary like they've been harping on this year. I am sure every Hail Mary has either defensive/offensive holding and/or pass interference, the league has been very consistent over the last millennia on not calling it and just letting things go. Which I think is the right call unless someone does something over-the-top obnoxious like tackle someone (rather than doing something that could be seen as going for the ball).

What's really going to piss me off tho is the one time in the future they do call it and it makes a team I hate win. But I'll cross that rage bridge when we get there.

6 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Chiefs have a massive playcalling problem combined with a lack of talent on offense.. it's December, by this point you are what you are

Yea I hate to say this right before they play the Bills as its bad luck (and I'm not declaring a guaranteed Bills win or anything crazy), but the Chiefs really haven't looked great this year and are running out of time to figure it out. They are really good but something isn't clicking with the offense. Their WRs just aren't great and nothing at this point is going to fix that, it is what it is. The AFC is still wide open for the Super Bowl, I really have no idea which team is the best, may just be whichever one is healthiest come January.

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

except for the other two times that they lost in primetime

Nah, see, brother, they had to do the J-O-B in the opener to shock the crowd and hip everyone to a new contender, oh yeah.  And then that other one was just a payback J-O-B, brother, for last year when they climbed that mountain, oh yeah, and took home the hardware.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

they flexed Chiefs/Patriots off of MNF in the last week, if you were unsure about how bad the Patriots are this year

As a public service they shouldn't televise any of the remaining games involving the Patriots this season.

• Like 1