DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK THIRTEEN

RIPPA

Injury updates

Kenny Pickett reportedly needs ankle surgery and is expected to miss 2-4 weeks

Derrick Henry is officially in concussion protocol thus making him questionable for the Titans upcoming game against Miami (They play on Monday Night so he has an extra day)

Rhamondre Stevenson suffered a high ankle sprain and will have a MRI today. Since the Pats play on Thursday, doesn't look like he will be available for that game

This has to be the worst offensive season of all time right? The Browns offense is fucking awful and are on their 4th mediocre quarterback,  but there are plenty of worse offenses. Atlanta is horrific to watch,  but they are middle of the road offensively. The motherfucking Minnesota Vikings have a top 10 offense. What the fuck is going on this year? 

8 minutes ago, supremebve said:

This has to be the worst offensive season of all time right? The Browns offense is fucking awful and are on their 4th mediocre quarterback,  but there are plenty of worse offenses. Atlanta is horrific to watch,  but they are middle of the road offensively. The motherfucking Minnesota Vikings have a top 10 offense. What the fuck is going on this year? 

I don't have any stats or evidence but my gut feeling is that defenses finally caught up after the rule changes in the last decade to help the offenses. Defensive coaching has gotten better, players have gotten better, and they are learning how to scheme to give defenses the advantage. That's why the main teams having consistent offensive success either have over the top talent at the skilled positions (Miami, 49ers) or are doing creative things (Eagles, also Miami). Or play in bad divisions.

That's not to say any given week a team can't 'click' and do great but I think week to week the only explanation I can really come up with is defenses have adapted. I'm just curious if in the offseason there will be more changes to make it harder to defense, such as removing the hip drop tackle. Not that I like tackles that injure people but giving defenders one more thing to think about when tackling always takes a year or two to get used to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Derrick Henry is officially in concussion protocol thus making him questionable for the Titans upcoming game against Miami (They play on Monday Night so he has an extra day)

For what it is worth - the Titans say Henry is not in concussion protocol

Meanwhile - the Saints say Derek Carr IS in concussion protocol

I think Tua's gonna have people that think he sucks even if he throws for 10,000 yards and 100 TD's in a season.

There was another clip from Mike Tannenbaum this morning that was more insulting that this, somehow.  But he didn't have the guy catching the ball there to explain why he's full of shit.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I think Tua's gonna have people that think he sucks even if he throws for 10,000 yards and 100 TD's in a season.

There was another clip from Mike Tannenbaum this morning that was more insulting that this, somehow.  But he didn't have the guy catching the ball there to explain why he's full of shit.

I'm not saying that Tyreek is lying, but if he would have thrown the ball where Tyreek was running it would have been an easier play...not that any Commando was going to be able to defend it either way.

54 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I'm not saying that Tyreek is lying, but if he would have thrown the ball where Tyreek was running it would have been an easier play...not that any Commando was going to be able to defend it either way.

Yeah, I think Hill is lying here. Tua "noticed his angle" and then threw the ball in such a way that Hill had to turn himself around? C'mon. 

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Commitment to the Hot Take industry ultimately demands that you argue the sky is green, 2+2=5, and Janetty Tried To Dive Through The Window To Escape.

He could turn into Dan Marino Mark II overnight and someone would still be out there with a paycheck that depends on insisting he Sucks, Actually.

Same with Brock Purdy. Same with Dak Prescott.  Same with fucking everybody.

1 hour ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Commitment to the Hot Take industry ultimately demands that you argue the sky is green, 2+2=5, and Janetty Tried To Dive Through The Window To Escape.

He could turn into Dan Marino Mark II overnight and someone would still be out there with a paycheck that depends on insisting he Sucks, Actually.

Same with Brock Purdy. Same with Dak Prescott.  Same with fucking everybody.

There's a guy on FS1 who continues to this day insist LeBron James is mediocre and they pay him millions.

• Like 1