DVDVR Message Board

2023-24 NBA SEASON: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

The 2024 Draft is going to be two days: 1st round on June 26 and the 2nd round on the 27th.

I have no idea who this change is for but it seems like a real dumbass idea from the outside.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zimbra said:

The 2024 Draft is going to be two days: 1st round on June 26 and the 2nd round on the 27th.

I have no idea who this change is for but it seems like a real dumbass idea from the outside.

I still hate the three day NFL draft, so it's definitely not for me.

37 minutes ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

The TV partners.

I guess,  but I feel like betting on people tuning in to watch the 2nd round is an extremely poor wager.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I guess,  but I feel like betting on people tuning in to watch the 2nd round is an extremely poor wager.

Nba draft is only good for the lottery, and/or sneaking a look when your team picks. NOBODY gives a shit about the 2nd round, and that includes the teams, lol.

13 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Nba draft is only good for the lottery, and/or sneaking a look when your team picks. NOBODY gives a shit about the 2nd round, and that includes the teams, lol.

I will admit there was a time in my life when I was the kind of sicko who paid attention to the second round, but I'm not sure even I would have tuned in just to watch it.

• Like 1

The NBA has postponed tonight's Jazz/Warriors game after an unnamed Warriors assistant experienced "an undisclosed medical emergency"

Oh hey, Pascal Siakam to the Pacers for Bruce Brown, Jordan Nwora and 3 first rounders is a done deal.

Edited by Zimbra

5 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Oh hey, Pascal Siakam to the Pacers for Bruce Brown, Jordan Nwora and 3 first rounders is a done deal.

Siakam is gonna step on the court the first time as a Pacer and try to figure what all that wooden floor with nobody standing in the middle of it is. "You can actually just, like, go to the basket here? Without four people in the way? The other team actually guards guys further than 18' out?"

Deandre Ayton missed last night's game in Portland because of icy roads by his home.  

Apparently the team tried and failed to get him out.

The NBA has postponed Golden State/Dallas that was set for Friday

The Warriors next game after that is scheduled for Wednesday Jan 24

On 1/17/2024 at 11:23 AM, Zimbra said:

Not unnamed, it was Dejan Milojevic.  Sounds like he collapsed at dinner with the other coaches last night.

Dejan Milojevic passed away after collapsing. 

At the risk of being morbid, this is the first time I can remember hearing of a coach dying during the season or even while employed. Players, yes, but no coaches. 

47 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Dejan Milojevic passed away after collapsing. 

At the risk of being morbid, this is the first time I can remember hearing of a coach dying during the season or even while employed. Players, yes, but no coaches. 

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is Mike Leach dying in-between the end of the season and bowl game last year. But even then Mississippi State had about three weeks before the game.

• Sad 1

Bob Johnson died early in the season after the Penguins first cup. He was hospitalized before the season began for brain cancer, but he still oversaw things via videotape while Scotty Bowman acted as in-game coach.