DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 9/18 - 9/24/2023

Dolfan in NYC

• RIPPA unlocked this topic

Rey/Santos vs. Street Profits was good. Surprised Rey got the win though it feels like a bit of a setup to have the Profits go all in as heels when they murder later on to appease Lashley.

Io/Asuka was a loose strike wise but pretty damn good. It was nice seeing WWE give them plenty of time to breathe and build. It actually got treated a bit as the dream match it is. Thought the history lesson from Cole and Graves before the match was neat as well.

The Pretty Deadly vid was fun.

Waller/Theory vs. Brutes was good with everyone getting to shine.

Skipped around the ending segment a bit, but it was a great heat builder for the Bloodline. Jimmy in particular was standing out all night the way he took charge.

6 minutes ago, Peck said:

LA Knight has COVID and was sent home as soon as he got to building. He was supposed to run in for the save during the contract signing.

That explains a lot about the final segment. As good as it was it felt longer than intended.

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

Asuka/Iyo was fantastic. That felt like one of the best women’s matches in the WWE? Like, ever? Crazy it was not even the best match in US wrestling this week considering Eddie/Claudio. But man Asuka/Iyo brought the house down.

As good as it was it wouldn't make top ten in probably even the last 2 years for me. Both are great, but they have absolutely delivered better just in NXT alone.

• Like 2

I'm halfway through the show and just watched Asuka vs. Iyo. That fucking kicked ass. Even the outside interference was just a tiny spot and the knees to the back of Asuka's head into the ropes looked rugged. I yelled "Fuck!" out loud here on the back porch and immediately felt bad for the neighbors because it's 10:45.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Haha 1

Just finished the show. I love that they rehabbed Jimmy Uso's  character really quick from the confusion that was the end of the Roman/ Jay match to him being a force of chaos within the Bloodline who's violent and crazy and Solo is down with. 
And it's gonna be Cena and the Rock vs. Jimmy and Solo at Fastlane, right? 

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Just finished the show. I love that they rehabbed Jimmy Uso's  character really quick from the confusion that was the end of the Roman/ Jay match to him being a force of chaos within the Bloodline who's violent and crazy and Solo is down with. 
And it's gonna be Cena and the Rock vs. Jimmy and Solo at Fastlane, right? 

Not sure the Rock returns for a Bloodline feud with Roman if only because that match is Wrestlemania big, and the strike hopefully lasts nowhere near that long.

It was supposed to be Knight coming to save Cena tonight.

Also chaotic Jimmy is a joy and great change for his character.

LA Knight makes more sense. I got fooled by all the " Hey, Rock was on the show last week that did huge numbers from Denver that Johnny didn't take his nephew and his pals to" hype.

To be honest, is that the best thing Covid has done? It would have been fine if Knight rescued Cena tonight. But it's totally better to end with Cena laid out and eventually Knight is revealed as his new partner.

Meanwhile, on LVL UP:

we get a surprisingly fun Ivy Nile d Izzi Dame with the standing dragon sleeper. Ivy spends a good bit of time working a headlock on the much larger Dame; Dame goes after Ivy's leg with aplomb. Dame hasn't fully clicked for me yet, but this was alright all around.

Luca Crusifino d Ikemen Jiro - meh

Axiom d Charlie Dempsey - also fun!

• Like 2