DVDVR Message Board

MONEY IN THE BANK XIV - 7/1/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Live from London's O2 arena home of the most insane ticket mark ups in the world!  It's Guaranteed Title Shot in the Bank!

THE CARD~

FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Seth F. Rollins (c) vs. Finn Balor

MEN'S MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH - Ricochet vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. LA Knight vs. Santos Escobar vs. Butch vs. Damien Priest vs. Logan Paul

WOMEN'S MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH - Zelina Vega vs. Becky Lynch vs. Zoey Stark vs. Bayley vs. Iyo Sky vs. Trish Stratus

FOR THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP - GUNTHER (C) vs. Matt Riddle

FOR THE WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Ronda Rousey / Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Liv Morgan / Raquel Rodriguez

Dominick Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

The Usos vs. The Bloodline (Reigns / Sikoa)

--

I'd think they'd throw Roman/Jimmy with Jey as the special guest ref, but we'll see. Nope!  Tag match instead!

The last men’s spot is either Riddle or Damian Priest as they’ve announced it for tomorrow nights Raw. Which seems like that whomever wins that is winning the contract (I get LA Knight is over, but there’s less than zero chance he’d cash in on Roman, and I can’t see fans cheering him against Seth). 

As for the women I’d pick Zelina as the other four are in feuds or will soon be in feuds with each other.

I think they announced the unification match for Smackdown in two weeks, and I know they announced Asuka vs Charlotte for Smackdown the night before MITB (thus creating a three way the next night).

Guessing we get Roman vs. Jimmy or Jey for the title.

Also thinking Sami and Owens make their next defense here as well.

Tag titles unification match is set for the week before which is probably dumb as they might have gotten a crowd who really gave a shit about it just to due to UK talent being involved. 

Pearce was talking about charlotte/Asuka happening on Smackdown the night before though who knows if it really goes down then. Can kidn fo see them doign Asuka defending the next day against Bianca though I have my doubts.

Guessing Gunther and/or Rhea get a defense in.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Guessing we get Roman vs. Jimmy or Jey for the title.

Also thinking Sami and Owens make their next defense here as well.

Tag titles unification match is set for the week before which is probably dumb as they might have gotten a crowd who really gave a shit about it just to due to UK talent being involved. 

Pearce was talking about charlotte/Asuka happening on Smackdown the night before though who knows if it really goes down then. Can kidn fo see them doign Asuka defending the next day against Bianca though I have my doubts.

Guessing Gunther and/or Rhea get a defense in.

Gunther vs Riddle seems likely (I see Priest getting the last spot tomorrow then winning the case). As for Rhea I’m not sure who she’d defend against since Raw has Zoey, Becky, and ??? in MITB. I’m assuming Candice or Nattie gets that spot, and if it’s not Natty I hope they don’t run her and Rhea again. I’d be interested in Rhea vs Raquel though. 

With the Gauntlet match being on SmackDown this week I think you’re right about KO/Sami too. I’ll guess they defend against Pretty Deadly (smart to get more former NXT UK talent on the card).

Could they possibly do the least predictable thing and run Roman vs Jimmy vs Jey? That would have good suspense plus it would make Solo more interesting having to choose between Jey and Roman.

• Like 1

They're supposedly adding either a Judgement Day vs. Rhodes/Rollins tag match, or the two matches I've got listed above (which frankly makes a lot more sense - especially if someone tries a cash in). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iron Moose said:

worried that the sixth spot in the Women's MITB might end up going to whichever of Charlotte/Bianca loses on Smackdown. 

They’re not fighting each other though unless WWE announced something this weekend. Plus Raw still needs their third.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I'd be surprised if that happens. Feels like Knight has to win MITB with how over he is.

He might be over, but the machine in charge doesn't want him. I'm holding out hope for LA Knight to win as well, but I can see Damien Priest being the safe pick for them instead. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'd be surprised if that happens. Feels like Knight has to win MITB with how over he is.

I don't think Knight needs the MITB because he already got himself over basically on his own without a major push. Plus not winning the MITB briefcase wouldn't hurt him nearly as much as an unsuccessful cash-in would. And while he MIGHT be over enough for them to think about giving him the briefcase, I don't think he's remotely in a position where they put it on him with any actual plans for a successful cash-in. 

Yeah I kind of thought this year's obvious winner is Logan Paul and I had assumed he would announce his cash in ahead of time for Summer Slam. I haven't watched any of the weekly TV since Mania so I may be way off the mark. But I figured it was just killing two birds with one stone. They don't have anyone they want being successful with the cash in, also you get a ready made reason why Logan Paul can get a title match on a big show again.

Weirdly enough that is kind of why i can see Knight being the winner. They like him, but he is not a guy they ever had plans to be a main eventer. Now seems like the time they can give him a rub to pay off on his overness while not necessarily needing to actually give him the big win via cash. Paul feels like the type who can challenge at any time without the briefcase. 

There is a part of me that probably just doesn't want Knight to become the new Damien Sandow.

But really there's no one in this year's lineup where it wouldn't be a giant shift for them to have a successful cash-in. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing but at least we shouldn't get a repeat of Austin Theory's briefcase.

Fzl06xlXwAA4CfE?format=jpg&name=small

Fzl1h--XoAE8ZsX?format=jpg&name=large

One of the worst timed injuries in the history of wrestling. Finn Balor at SummerSlam 2016 vs. Seth Rollins to crown the inaugural WWE Universal Champion. Balor had to vacate the belt 24 hours later on RAW. 

Edited by The Natural