DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 2/27 - 3/5/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Liv Morgan comes in HOT!  Rhea Ripley beats on Liv for a second.  Liv has a quick comeback that dies when Rhea avoids her Tope!  Liv Morgan is getting in a lot offense in, leading up to great nerfall on a Lungblower to the face of Rhea!  RIPTIDE!  Standing Cloverleaf for the tap out!  That was good.  Santos Escobar channels Rey Misterio Jr.  Dominick Mysterio channels Eddie Guerrero.  NICE dropkick by Escobar.  Dominick is an AWESOME heat machine.  Dominick is awesome smacking Santos upside the head. GREAT offensive flurry by Escobar.  BRASS KNUX!  RIPTIDE ON THE FLOOR!  LOVE MACHINE SPLASH FOR THE WIN!  Dominick is fucking AWESOME ripping up Rey's mask.  REY REY shows up!  Dominick punks him!  So great.  What a little PUNK!  Shayna Baszler and Tegan Nox have a match.  Baszler crushes Tegan's arm.  And then recrushes it.  Then Nox taps out.  That was quick.  Next weeks Smackdown looks good.  Solo Sikoa and Sami Zayn starts off hot!  Sami beats on Sikoa and then Top Con Hilos Solo and Jimmy!  Jimmy distracts Sami on the floor and Sikoa CRUSHES Sami.  Sikoa is beating Zayn's ass.  Tornado DDT to COMEBACK!  Crossbody off the top for TWO!  BLUE THUNDER BOMB! FOR TWO!  Sikoa makes with the SAMOAN SPIKE and wins the match!   Postmatch, Sami just avoids getting murdered.  That was a pretty good episode.

• Like 2

The opening segment with Roman and Cody was good. Roman has a solid Dusty voice. 

Liv/Rhea was good. 

Dom/Escobar was pretty darn good as well. Dom was a tremendous asshole, and they used this match well to get over Escobar a good bit despite the loss. Kind of love how Rhea needed no help to win while Dom needed her. 

The IC title segment was alright and served as an ok setup for next week's no. 1 contender's match. 

Shayna/Tegan was an ok squash.

Sami/Solo was good stuff. The post match beatdown attempt and Sami saving himself was nice.

Good episode all around.

• Like 1

Roman is the GOAT, keep those belts on him for another 3 years. 

In all seriousness, that was a hell of a segment. 

“Have you ever even competed for one of these?”- savage. 

Edited by peterien
  • Like 3

Is this one of the lamest builds to a WM in awhile or is it just me? Your dad liked me better is the story here? Or is it just the contrast from the Sami story having soooo much story telling behind it vs this just making this seem simplified and dumb to me? I'm not sure but either way not feeling this one. Could just be the hangover from such a great story preceding it. But I am over feuds based around Dusty Rhodes' love. That peaked in 2019 with Cody vs Dustin.

Hope Roman goes over.

8 hours ago, peterien said:

Roman is the GOAT, keep those belts on him for another 3 years. 

In all seriousness, that was a hell of a segment. 

“Have you ever even competed for one of these?”- savage. 

Eh, that wasn’t even his deepest cut.  “Know what your dad said about you when he was with me?  Nothing.  Maybe he talked about you when he was with Seth or something.”.  Ouch.  The first part was vicious, the last line was condescending af.  Roman has gotten a lot better at this since he days Cena torched him on the mic.  He’s just such a magnificent asshole,  I enjoy seeing the Bloodline beat down people, but it’s going to be fun seeing Roman finally get his at the hands of Cody, Sami, and one or both Usos.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Is this one of the lamest builds to a WM in awhile or is it just me? Your dad liked me better is the story here? Or is it just the contrast from the Sami story having soooo much story telling behind it vs this just making this seem simplified and dumb to me? I'm not sure but either way not feeling this one. Could just be the hangover from such a great story preceding it. But I am over feuds based around Dusty Rhodes' love. That peaked in 2019 with Cody vs Dustin.

Hope Roman goes over.

I think what they did last night was very good, but there is just so little that can beat Roman telling Sami's wife and family he wanted to provide for them as he was beating Sami's ass in front of them. 

• Like 1