DVDVR Message Board

2023 Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

One step closer to the DREAM MATCH... 

Paul Levesque vs. Rossy Ogawa on who could look the most awkward standing side by side pointing at someone?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Rossy looks like he don't want to be there.  Paul looks like that's the only place he'd ever want to be. 

That's actually elated Rossy. If he was any happier, he would have melted like the wicked witch of the West.

9 minutes ago, Sparkleface said:

That's the most I've ever seen Rossy smile since Arsion started to melt his bank account.

This was his face after he made Lioness Asuka his booker and then she booked herself over everyone.

s-l500.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sparkleface said:

I thought that was the face he made after he saw a Ryo Miyuki spinkick after starting the super rookie push.

Oh wait, that's the same face.

I completely blocked that from my memory. I dunno how I will be able to deal with this trauma.

5 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I completely blocked that from my memory. I dunno how I will be able to deal with this trauma.

Here, lemme help as best I can with recent news!

13 hours ago, Sparkleface said:

Tsukasa Fujimoto is having a match at Rifu Ribbon on July 30, per Tokyo Sports.

IT STARTS.

Tsukka's comeback match was announced a few hours ago. It's Tsukka, Kaho Matsushita, and AJA KONG against Hamuko Hoshi, Ibuki Hoshi, and CHIHIRO HASHIMOTO. It's Chihiro's Ice Ribbon debut and the first time she's ever been in the ring against Tsukka. I wonder if Aja's got a German suplex bump in her.

Not quite Tsukka vs Andreza but you know what, NOT BAD EITHER.

Tsukka's saying it's a one-time thing and she'll go back to maternity leave for a few months after, but I just wonder if she'll get the itch.

• Thanks 1

New Japanese Women’s Wrestling Promotion Reportedly in the Works for September Launch

According to a report by PWInsider, there are said to be plans in the works to launch an all-new women’s wrestling promotion in the US that will feature all Japanese-based wrestling talents. The promotion will reportedly be a completely new promotion using women from existing Japanese promotes and run their own events in the United States.

Additionally, the prospective promotion wants to set itself apart from competitors with high production values and doing more than showcasing the product in the ring to give the show a different “atmosphere” for its events. The goal would be to make the events feel like authentic Joshi wrestling and also raise the show’s profile to larger audiences outside the typical pro wrestling audience. The group behind the promotion is reportedly investing significant resources and said to be enlisting notable names across entertainment, media, wrestling, and fashion businesses for their front office.

PWInsider also notes the the prospective promotion has already booked a date in New York City in September for its debut event.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 3:44 PM, Ace said:

The NJPW Strong Women's Title match was quite good and is worth checking out.

It was pretty good. A few miscues here and there, but nothing to detract from a solid match. Very hot crowd for Giulia, but I think Willow outperformed her. 

• Like 1

Excellent TJPW show tonight. Nothing resembling a bad match and the last two matches were awesome.

Results:

Spoiler

Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo & Suzume) def. Juria Nagano & Moka Miyamoto

Mahiro Kiryu, Haruna Neko, HIMAWARI & Shino Suzuki def. Kaya Toribami, Toga, Haru Kazashiro & Runa Okubo

Ryo Mizunami & Nao Kakuta def. ASUKA & Yuki Kamifuku - This match was fun as hell. Yuki & ASUKA entered to Lady Gaga/Beyonce's "Telephone".

DEFY Women's Championship: VertVixen (c) def. Hikari Noa - More of this, please and thank you.

Shoko Nakajima & Hyper Misao def. Aja Kong & Raku and Max The Impaler & Pom Harajuku - With the shenanigans you'd expect from such a match. Aja is lethal with a pillow.

Nyla Rose def. Miu Watanabe - Almost a squash. Miu got 3/4 of a swing on Nyla, but was simply overpowered & terrified.

EVE Championship: Miyu Yamashita (c) def. Sawyer Wreck - Chairmania

NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama & Mei Saint-Michel) def. Yuki Arai & Wakana Uehara - I was hoping for the whole group NBG entrance. Mei was hilarious in this.

International Princess Championship: Rika Tatsumi (c) def. Yuki Aino - Just awesome.

Princess of Princess Championship: Mizuki (c) def. Maki Itoh - Great back and forth battle. Maki is cemented as a main event talent who can hang. At the end, they both acknowledged mutual respect and hugged.

• Like 2

I've been waiting for Yuki Aino to have a break out match like that and Rika was the right person to do it with.

I'm not a fan of Mizuki but I also knew with Maki busting out across the globe every few weeks that she wasn't gonna win the PoP belt.

I'm ready for the undercard teams to win the tag belts dammit! FREE WI-FI need a push!

James

Bull Nakano Reportedly Involved With New Japanese Women’s Wrestling Promotion

As previously reported, there are plans to launch a new Japanese women’s wrestling promotion in the US. PWInsider has more details on the upstart company, which will include the involvement of former AJWPW and WWE wrestler Bull Nakano. Nakano will not wrestle for the new company but will be “actively involved” behind the scenes and will have an on camera role.

The promotion is expected to launch in September with the first event set for New York City. It has been planned and worked on for years. At one point, consultants for the company actually worked for Bushiroad, parent company of NJPW and STARDOM. A number of the wrestlers involved were signed to contracts earlier this year.

Utami was spotted at NXT last night with Sumie Sakai running interference for her to prevent any unwanted photos. She was there as an invited guest. I'm not reading much into this though but an interesting tidbit.

James

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J.H. said:

Utami was spotted at NXT last night with Sumie Sakai running interference for her to prevent any unwanted photos. She was there as an invited guest. I'm not reading much into this though but an interesting tidbit.

James

Probably was curious and wanted to see Blair/Bea. 

Who ranks higher on the Hyacinth Bucket scale:  Mai Sakurai or Saori Anou?

also Generational struggle 2:  not as good but had better after-match setup. 

0ver the top rope elimination should henceforth be referred to as the Rossy-finish.

I do have a question.  Was there a stream or way to watch that Kobashi show that had Team 200kg vs Minoru Suzuki and Akiyama?  Follow up;  I know Senjo has a massively staggered release schedule but what about Chihiro and Poi on Sunday?  Will that be on stardom world?  Did that Himeka thing at Wave happen?