DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 - 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I just saw someone point out that every team has now made a trade... except the Rockies

Well yeah Rippa you don't give up a Rolls Royce. Sheesh.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Well he kinda became expendable once Montas was acquired right?

Eh.... Severino is hurt worse than though (again) and German had been lit up in his first two starts back (though he was better last night)

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

I look forward to the Cubs trading Contreras for, like, a couple middling dudes and Happ gets traded for one of those coupon books you can use at local restaurants.

Did you have not trading Contreras at all on your bingo card?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At least they acquired someone. From the few games I’ve watched this summer and based on what I’ve heard about on the local news, they were in need of a catcher since it sounds like Tyler Stephenson has been hit with one injury after another.

Edited by onelegbrynn

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

HA!

In the irony of irony - Whit Merrifield was just traded to... the Blue Jays

Two weeks post-vaccine to enter Canada. Bare minimum he's missing most, if not all, of the next home stand.

Hope the fans give him shit for it.

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, onelegbrynn said:

At least they acquired someone. From the few games I’ve watched this summer and based on what I’ve heard about on the local news, they were in need of a catcher since it sounds like Tyler Stephenson has been hit with one injury after another.

You get a chance to pick up a catcher hitting .154, you gotta take it! 

On 8/2/2022 at 4:05 PM, onelegbrynn said:

If you're a Reds fan, you should also root for the Reds affiliate ballclub here in Seattle!

The Cubs and Cards will play a two game series in London next season (June 24-25, 2023)

The 2023 London Series is part of an international slate that was approved in the March labor agreement between MLB and the players' association. It also calls for London games in 2024 and 2026, the first France games in 2025, annual Mexico City games from 2023 to 2026, an Asian opener in 2024 and a Tokyo opener in 2025.

On 8/3/2022 at 7:52 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Sounds like Donnie Baseball may be leaving soon

Miami tied their longest home losing streak last night with a 2-1 loss to Cincinnati.  

dog-pool.gif

If I'm the owner & GM, and I read a story like that, I would confirm my guy actually said that - and then I'd fire him. 

• Like 1