DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2021

Dolfan in NYC

Brendan "Liverpool fired me" Rodgers to Man United? That won't go down well anywhere. The Man U fans think they're getting Zidane, for some reason.

Of course, the one Premier League manager who's got an impressive track record of overachieving at a smaller club right now (keeping them in the top half of the table, getting upset wins over the big sides, taking previously mediocre players and improving their performance level), and arguably deserves a big job next is David Moyes. And he's certainly not going back to Man U, is he?

I thought Curse of Carricola was as bad as it could possibly get but then today in Philly happened. Only good thing was me not being there due to the opening night at UBS Arena.

Confirmation: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sacked by Manchester United. If they'd done it after Manchester United were beaten at Old Trafford 0-5 by Liverpool and 0-2 by Manchester City, Antonio Conte was available.

Edited by The Natural

After four wins and a draw in their first five Premier League games, Manchester United have been poor, claiming just four points from a possible 21.

They have conceded 21 goals in 12 games - only the bottom two sides Norwich and Newcastle have conceded more, with 27.

United goalkeeper David de Gea described his side's defeat by Watford as "embarrassing" and "another nightmare".

"We don't know what to do with the ball, we are conceding a lot of goals. It's a horrible moment," he added.

The statistics are stark. Four wins in 13 matches in all competitions since that Newcastle victory. Seven points from eight Premier League games, with United keeping one clean sheet. Nineteen goals conceded in seven games. Out of the Carabao Cup.

Edited by The Natural

Hibs dump Sevco out of the League Cup to set up the first Hibs-Celtic final since 1974. The real winner is whomever has to put the ribbons on the cup as they can put the green and white ones on right now and job done.

• Like 1