DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2021

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Sheffield United heading the same way as Wednesday, Bolton and Portsmouth - big headed/past it/crocked players with no bottle on high wages with massive transfer fees hanging over them. Defensively shite. Brewster and McBurnie not in the team, Berge injured, Mousset eternally unable to finish a game. 100m on all that for nigh on fuck all produced for AGES. What might have been eh. Wilder can't shoulder all the blame but any chairman who lets him near a big stack of transfer cash in the future after this fiasco is insane. 

10 hours ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Sheffield United heading the same way as Wednesday, Bolton and Portsmouth - big headed/past it/crocked players with no bottle on high wages with massive transfer fees hanging over them. Defensively shite. Brewster and McBurnie not in the team, Berge injured, Mousset eternally unable to finish a game. 100m on all that for nigh on fuck all produced for AGES. What might have been eh. Wilder can't shoulder all the blame but any chairman who lets him near a big stack of transfer cash in the future after this fiasco is insane. 

I know that feeling as a Bradford City fan.

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Neil Warnock will break the record for most games managed in English football when he takes charge for the 1602nd time tonight. 

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

If some madcap manager takes Rhian Brewster on loan or - oooh mercyyyyy - buys him in January, I will fly to wherever in the world they are, buy them a pint and impregnate their sister. 

Cristiano Ronaldo continues to save Manchester United and OGS. Imagine if Man Utd didn't sign Ronaldo for his second spell at Old Trafford. Man Utd's lost the chance to snag Antonio Conte having joined Tottenham Hotspur yesterday after rejecting them previously.

Edited by The Natural

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
27 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Cristiano Ronaldo continues to save Manchester United and OGS. Imagine if Man Utd didn't sign Ronaldo for his second spell at Old Trafford. Man Utd's lost the chance to snag Antonio Conte having joined Tottenham Hotspur yesterday after rejecting them previously.

The Manyoo top brass don't give a monkeys about silverware anymore as long as the money keeps rolling in. Ole is a yes man who won't rock the boat. 

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

There are clearly serious defensive concerns for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to address, with Pep Guardiola's Manchester City heading to Old Trafford on Saturday.

Manchester United have conceded first in nine of their 14 Champions League games under Solskjaer.

They have also failed to keep a clean sheet in eight consecutive matches in the competition.

And among Premier League sides in all competitions this season, only Norwich (28) and Leicester (25) have conceded more goals than United (23).

The debate around Manchester United last night was whether they can keep relying on Cristiano Ronaldo to bale them out.

Ronaldo has scored nine goals in his first 11 games, compared to the six Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored after joining the club in 2016 and 11 for Romelu Lukaku the following year.

I foresee a thrashing for Manchester United vs. Manchester City. I don't think it'll be the 5-0 hammering Liverpool inflicted on them at Old Trafford but I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by The Natural

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Blackburn spanked 7-0 by Fulham, no doubt they'll turn that into motivation and smash Sheffield United on Saturday ?

All of the palaver about Newcastle having a massive budget, and they end up appointing the exact same manager who Mike Ashley would have gone for.

I am always entertained by how leagues in the US handle alignment

Since Charlotte is joining MLS next year - they are being put in the Eastern Conference

The team moving to the West... Nashville

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am always entertained by how leagues in the US handle alignment

Since Charlotte is joining MLS next year - they are being put in the Eastern Conference

The team moving to the West... Nashville

Well it's not called Country Eastern music right?

Heard a stat that Manchester United have failed to keep a clean sheet in 14 home games. April was the last time.

Chuckled at this comment:

City were in reverse gear. Reversed right over United.

Edited by The Natural