DVDVR Message Board

November 2013 NHL Thread

sabremike

Most of the people I know with season tickets are in a group, where each person gets two seats for 8 or 10 games a year. I know one guy who bought three seats for the full season, but sells off the majority of his tickets.

At the MTS Centre, it's 8 bucks for a rum/vodka/rye, and 9 bucks for a jumbo draft. They wonder why people show up half in the bag to games, it costs half a month's rent to buy two tickets and drink at the game.

I max out at 3-5 games a year, it's pretty much a $125-200 night each time.

The fact that the crowd is clearly drunk before the puck even drops is one of my favourite parts of the whole experience. True North must be making a mint on that douchetastic bro bar they stuck next to the arena.

This Kings-Rangers game is a perfect example of what pisses me off about the NHL: you rarely see 3 good periods in a game. In this case the 2nd was pretty good while the 1st (which the Ranger announcer described as "a tad boring") was pure shit.

Not his biggest fan, but Vancouver's PBP guy, John Shorthouse, just threw out an old PNW reference, "Rick Martel, partner of Roddy Piper could have made a better call," in reference to a blown call by Rob Martell.

I'm actually happy Bryzgalov has arrived in Edmonton. At least now if we suck, we should suck with some interesting quotes afterwards. Ryan Rishaug was stirring shit with him about 5 minutes after he got here, which is no surprise at all.

It's possible I may have lost my mind.

• Like 2