DVDVR Message Board

November 2013 NHL Thread

sabremike

5-2 after tonight in Philly. I hope we don't do something stupid after the season like get rid of Nolan. I really think if he gets time he can turn things around for us. Interesting tidbit: tonight's game was the first in NHL history to feature two coaches from the First Nation ( Native Canadians)

Cory Schneider has a sub 2.00 GAA and yet has the worst save % he's had in a few years. DEVILS HOCKEY!

They are probably going to be my only hope of seeing an honest to goodness Sabres win in person this season when I go on the 30th.

I like how the suit claims opening up the game by reducing clutch and grab post lockout is part of the basis of the suit because it increased the player's risk, despite virtually every player in the suit not playing post lockout.

Should be fun watching people argue what the game needs for safety is more players like Derian Hatcher. I'll get the popcorn.

Already people are digging up stuff on these guys like one of them CHOSE to play without a helmet when the league began to grandfather it in & one of their main arguments is the league encourages fighting meanwhile one guy in the suit played 20 games over 3 years and had 0 fights.

Their rep is going nuts on his twitter so if nothing else he'll get this story lots of publicity.

I don't want to just tear this apart right off the bat because, having read a book on Alan Eagelson's time in the NHL, it's no secret that at one point the NHL and its team doctors were in on some sleazy business together. But it does seem this sucker has some odd holes, especially if the NHLPA decides to tow the line on the current state of player safety (which they helped to define).