DVDVR Message Board

November 2013 NHL Thread

sabremike

Edmonton just traded Ladislav Smid to the Calgary Heathens in exchange for 2 prospects. Yeah because to address this team's problems on D the solution is to pretend the position doesn't even exist. Even if this is a set up for a second deal (and it seems clear that it's a move to clear salary for something else)... not sure what to think about that. The team is really high on Fedun, and has Nurse in the pipeline, but Calgary? Weird.

Also we're close to signing Bryzgalov by all accounts. It's possible that's the other shoe to drop. I'm not sure how to express my feelings in that with language.

Edmonton just traded Ladislav Smid to the Calgary Heathens in exchange for 2 prospects. Yeah because to address this team's problems on D the solution is to pretend the position doesn't even exist. Even if this is a set up for a second deal (and it seems clear that it's a move to clear salary for something else)... not sure what to think about that. The team is really high on Fedun, and has Nurse in the pipeline, but Calgary? Weird.

Also we're close to signing Bryzgalov by all accounts. It's possible that's the other shoe to drop. I'm not sure how to express my feelings in that with language.

How good is Smid? Should I be happy about this (as a Flames fan -- ignoring the fact that whoever we acquire is likely to improve our defense at the moment)?

I thought Horak was a pretty good prospect with a well-rounded game who should be able to chip in soon (if not now) at the NHL level.

Smid blocks a ton of shots, and really isn't that good with the puck. Oilers fans are sort of split on weather he's a solid defensive defencemen or a mid-level mucker. He is a guy that you get a consistent performance out of though. What you see is what you get from him almost every night.

On a really good team, he should be at most the #4, probably. But he's proven he can eat minutes if asked, at least.

On a really good team, he should be at most the #4, probably. But he's proven he can eat minutes if asked, at least.

Well, the Flames could use a reliable, stay-at-home minute muncher probably more than anything else right now, so I'm happy with that. At 27 with several years left on his contract it's a decent move going forward as well.

Since the Panthers listened to me when I said they needed to fire Dineen let's see if it works again.

They need to trade Markstrom and Kulikov so their careers aren't ruined by this miserable, shithouse excuse for a professional hockey team. I think this is maybe the worst point to be at as a sports fan; when you openly want your favorite team to trade your favorite players so they can go somewhere better. They'll never ever reach their potential in Florida because Florida is probably the worst team in the league at developing players they've drafted. Nothing has changed in the last 15 years despite the fact that they've had 4 owners, 8 GMs, and 10 different head coaches. Fuck.

Maybe things will get better for Barkov and Huberdeau or else I'm going to be repeating this same post for them in 2 or 3 years.

Damn fun Jets/Sharks game tonight. Detroit re-match is up next for the Jets.

As of right now, the West is 73-29-11 against the east. 9 of those 29 losses belong to the Oilers, who are the only Western Conference team who isn't over .500 against the East this season.

The way TSN described it, it sounded more like a nasty break but watching the video... it looks like a knee ligament job. Shitty deal either way. Time to switch allegiances for Sochi.

Posted Image

Edit: NBC says it's a possible broken ankle. So... I shouldn't be a doctorb?

Edit to my edit: I'd be a super shitty doctor. It's a broken tibia.