DVDVR Message Board

November 2013 NHL Thread

sabremike

I was just going to mention that. Losing Monahan sucks, because he's been doing well, but hopefully he won't be gone long, and the Flames have guys like Backlund that can fill his position at center.

Losing Wideman (on top of Giordano) is just awful, though. Calgary's D was weak to start the season, and now the top two guys are gone. Leaving something like this:

Smid/Brodie

Russel/Butler

Derek Smith/Shane O'Brien/Chris Breen

So... like, no players that would be top 2 on any other team, and about 4 that would bottom pairing (if that) on any decent team. The next stretch of games should be interesting...

Good thing they acquired Smid.

Even if you are offended by Don (I'm not), you SHOULD be offended by people who want to fire him for disagreeing with them. I'm offended by Larry Brooks in the NY Post whining about how much he hates fighting and taking cheap shots at the Sabres and Flyers every chance he gets, but you don't hear me saying he should be fired.

Huh? It's Don's right to say offensive stuff if he so chooses, but all of his detractors are equally within their rights to call for him to be fired.

(I'm neither for nor against Don, so I don't really care one way or the other on the issue.)

And I'm within my right to call them intolerant assholes who should be ignored. And I'd say the same thing if the target of outrage was Don or whether it was Bill Maher.

Like what I'm seeing from us. Sabres are now losing due to lack of talent, not lack of effort. Unless the plan is to suck real bad next season to get Connor McDavid Nolan has to stay. He's got us playing hard, and at this point that's all I could ask for.

The Sabres are dogshit. Just gotta hope a quick re-scheduling gets them against the Leafs 20 more times this year for an easy 40 points. Leafs were horrific and deserved to lose in regulation. Embarassing excuses afterwards ranging from bad officiating to broken sticks. Team is falling apart defensively & coach is ignoring the issues. Paul Ranger needs to be benched, he can't keep up any more. Mark Fraser is too slow, needs to be sent down to regain confidence. Fourth line is usless & third line is good at checking but has zero offense. So when the top line isn't going the game is almost impossible to win.

Games coming up against Blackhawks, Kings, Sharks, Habs, Wings... this could get ugly.

Red Wings have looked awesome in winning two straight. They're just a shoulda-been-waved-off goal by Iginla from two straight shutouts. They're finally shooting the puck and actually playing defense.

If you haven't yet, you gotta see Darren Helm's second goal against the Islanders yesterday.

Sounds like Sportsnet guys are invading HNIC during the 2nd intermission tonight & they are teasing some sort of announcement. Cherry announcing his retirement in 4 years? Kipper joining Cherry starting next year? Friedman blowing his brains out on live TV?

Either way I'm hyped for a month from now when Jeff Marek power bombs Ron MacLean through a table.

• Like 1

Sounds like Sportsnet guys are invading HNIC during the 2nd intermission tonight & they are teasing some sort of announcement. Cherry announcing his retirement in 4 years? Kipper joining Cherry starting next year? Friedman blowing his brains out on live TV?

Either way I'm hyped for a month from now when Jeff Marek power bombs Ron MacLean through a table.

@JeffMarek: The Shane McMahon moment - @RealKyper on #HNiC http://t.co/Iutjgly2th

Rogers also has such a tremendous long term record of listening to outside feedback.

But really, I doubt very much they do anything with Coaches Corner. Don will leave when Don wants to leave. 2nd intermission is more like what we're going to get, merging of panels and whatnot.

Enjoy a world where Glen Healy, Damien Cox, PJ Stock, and Nick Kypreos might sit on a panel together. It said something that the one guy that got the hook tonight was Friedman, the only brains of the bunch.

Memo to the NHL Network: next time you do a piece trying to convince people what a great guy that lying turd Peter Karmanos is, how about interviewing Jeff Jacobs from the Hartford Courant so he can tell everyone the truth about the guy? Karmanos fucked more fans than Led Zepplin when he killed the Whalers.