DVDVR Message Board

November 2013 NHL Thread

sabremike

Leafs have no official centers left to play for the next 3 games. JVR will fill in on the top line with AHL regulars rounding out the other three lines. I would say this is an issue but since 2 of those 3 games are back-to-backs against Buffalo I'm pretty sure our AHL regulars still have the edge.

Hoping the Leafs don't go for silly revenge and just get the easy 4 points like everyone else does against Buffalo.

Marek had a good point the other day that while you can credit Chilarelli for doing a great job with the team the past few years he also has a tendency to give up on players way too early because they "don't fit the Boston way" or whatnot. Kessel, Seguin & someone else I'm forgetting were the examples.

Kris Versteeg and Phillipe Lefebvre from the Panthers to Chicago for Jimmy Hayes and Dylan Olsen.

No idea who they are but according to HockeyDB they're minor league prospects. Whatever, getting rid of Versteeg, even though Florida is paying half his salary is enough.

Colorado crashing back to the reality of what they have is going to be really something.

I don't see a massive crash for them personally, in the sense that they have too much offensive talent to just fade away. Sure, there defense is still... not good, but they are one of the 9-10 best teams in the West.

That may not sound like a glowing review, but being a top 10 team in the West is like being a top 5 team in the East.

Colorado crashing back to the reality of what they have is going to be really something.

I don't see a massive crash for them personally, in the sense that they have too much offensive talent to just fade away. Sure, there defense is still... not good, but they are one of the 9-10 best teams in the West.

That may not sound like a glowing review, but being a top 10 team in the West is like being a top 5 team in the East.

You know what else the top 5 teams in the east have in common?

A Stanley Cup.

I don't see a massive crash for them personally, in the sense that they have too much offensive talent to just fade away. Sure, there defense is still... not good, but they are one of the 9-10 best teams in the West. That may not sound like a glowing review, but being a top 10 team in the West is like being a top 5 team in the East.
You know what else the top 5 teams in the east have in common? A Stanley Cup.
You are just bored out of your mind with the Wings being out East aren't you?

That half of Versteeg's salary thing is for the extent of his deal, not just for this season. Which seems like a pretty amazing con job by Chicago.

Those are the breaks when you have to move a guy who's effort level has rendered him nearly immovable. I hope he succeeds in Chicago, I'm just tickled to finally get rid of him.

It's a good thing Peter Chiarelli has that cup ring to keep him safe from the backlash of this Seguin trade disaster.

Seguin hasn't scored this easy since he was shooting on Swiss League goalies. Wait the Flames started some old dude from the Swiss league?  I see.

HEY! The Flames were an absolute abomination in that game, but don't blame the poor goalie! He was alright. Also, he's not that old (26).

Went to Isles-Kings for $5 via StubHub last night  (I gave my ST for the game to a friend). So I check the prices for their visit to Newark on Friday. Devils fans want $40 to see that. Devils are one of the most boring teams in the league, so I'll pass at that price. 

Went to Isles-Kings for $5 via StubHub last night  (I gave my ST for the game to a friend). So I check the prices for their visit to Newark on Friday. Devils fans want $40 to see that. Devils are one of the most boring teams in the league, so I'll pass at that price. 

Five bucks for an NHL game is fantastic. I just checked Stubhub for tonight's Jets game, and they want 80 bucks to sit three rows from the top of the building. Um, no thanks.

I have no idea how non-rich people attend a NHL game in Canada anymore. Like it seems impossible unless you are maxing out credit cards or something, especially if you are taking a few kids.

Goes without saying the season ticket crowd is mostly doing pretty well for themselves.

Most of the people I know with season tickets are in a group, where each person gets two seats for 8 or 10 games a year. I know one guy who bought three seats for the full season, but sells off the majority of his tickets.

At the MTS Centre, it's 8 bucks for a rum/vodka/rye, and 9 bucks for a jumbo draft. They wonder why people show up half in the bag to games, it costs half a month's rent to buy two tickets and drink at the game.

What a horeshit performance by the Leafs. No offense. Not a single moment where it looked like they were out to avenge anything. Why even bother showing up? Either turn it into a gong show or play and beat Buffalo like everyone does. What an embarassment.

Why is Nikolai Kulemin still in the NHL?