DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 9/2/2020

Death From Above

1 hour ago, EVA said:

My wife, who does not give a single fuck about wrestling, popped for Rosa’s tree of woe drop kick and DVD.  She was like, “Wow, a woman on this show actually did something that looks like it might hurt for once.”

Well did she see Nyla get flipped legit into Britt's leg?  That looked painful ?

22 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

@Bryan seems more cranky than JR...and that's saying something.

BTW, I'm thrilled Excalibur is back.

I’m not cranky and I’m definitely not JR. I just find Excalibur to be an annoying announcer and didn’t miss him at all.

I never felt the need to document every mistake Excalibur makes despite not liking him and just got fed up with every one always attacking JR every week.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If a segment doesn't seem to be going well, the answer should always be sending Eddie Kingston out there to talk. 

Imagine the promos King would cut if he were ever in a political office.

Kingston as 911 but for poor Jumping Jeff Farmer saps flailing on their promos, giving them a verbal beat down instead of a choke slam sounds like genius.

Good to see some quality women’s wrestling after the recent drought, it was worth having a more competitive Rosa match to have a good womens match on the show.  

The trade off for not having sterile my-turn  your-turn too cute WWE promos is a bit more chaos, a greater range between the best and worst, and the occasional clanger. 

Ive been waiting for Excalibur to come back for weeks now, so nice to hear him back on the commentary. I agree Taz/Excalibur/Tony is a great regular team, swapping in Jericho or JR for an extra splash of prestige when the situation suits.
I need to re-watch when he did it, as it may have just been low expectations, but I would be keeping a good relationship with Golden Boy to swap out the one of the oldies (sorry Skee a Vone) down the road and have the voice of someone under 40.

Edited by Custos
  • Like 2

Man if it was based on Anchorman it sure was missing a trident (or just somebody doing a spear). Who was the Brick Tamland of everybody out there? 

EDIT: BTW, love Kenny's Hana shirt, but the peach-colored shorts and slip-on dad shoes combo was hilariously bad. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

Janela is the equal and opposite reaction to the Delusional Heel.

For as much as he calls himself The Bad Boy and revels in this persona of being a douchey loudmouth Jersey Shore prick, his character decisions all actually scream scrappy babyface (he even sells beatings like one).

I like the general vibe that he's a JTTS because he is held back by his denial of his true nature and that like a golfer finally making the right adjustment to his swing, Janela is ever on the cusp of admitting he's Ricky Morton and Sonny Kiss is his Robert Gibson and that their More Than The Sum Of Their Parts Cinderella run is just around the corner (if/when the stacked tag team division thins out a bit and there's room for them to contend for a while.  They don't even necessarily have to end up winning the belts, though I'm not sure what you do with them then besides giving Kiss the serious solo run auditioned for in the TNT Title match against Cody.

• Like 2