DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10-28-13

MGFanJay

Rowan's offense is absolutely perfect for the character.  He's some giant crazy hillbilly crushing people.  It's the little things, like the goofy coordination and the gray in his beard, that make the character.  He comes off like he's ready to flop out of this room

Posted Image

and stick somebody on a meathook.

I'm less upset by the Shield breaking up than I would have been a couple months ago.  This last run with the Authority was great and solidified them all as big time threats after meandering about for a bit.  All three are in a good spot to move on, though I'd prefer Ambrose going solo and Rollins/Reigns still tagging for a bit. 

• Like 1

I have to say I'm surprised to see people here taking the implied end of The Shield in stride. I half expected to see villagers with torches and pitchforks storming the castle.

Well, there should be a slow build to it. I'm surprised the announcers even picked up on Ambrose's line and Reigns' reaction (which was wonderfully subtle).

Exactly, and this should be the last we hear about it for a couple of weeks.  Then let it cool again, lather, rinse, repeat... let the break up happen at the Rumble or, ideally, WM30.  Knowing the people who post on here, the bigger outcry will come when Brie knocks Nikki the fuck out in a couple of weeks.

The cutest part of Raw happened for me when they advertised their annual post-Christmas MSG house show.  

"All your favorite superstars will be there:   John Cena!  Daniel Bryan! CM Punk!  And fulfilling contractual obligations, The Big Show!"

If there going to do it, then hopefully they'll do it the right way. I'm just disappointed that they couldn't give them another year together dropping/chasing titles along the way.

If the Wyatts are joining the Authority and the Shield is breaking up, then I'm hoping that it's Roman Reigns who turns against the mega stable. Dude's gonna be a star.

I'm hoping they put him on True Blood to go up against Alcide. I'f I'm not mistaken, Joe Manganiello is a wrestling fan who's had front row seats to shows before.

Rowan and Harper are awesome. They take me back to a magical time when wrestling wasn't just bad football players, amateur wrestlers and guys with tribal tattoos doing key bumps of powdered creatine. Wrestling is way more awesome when it is basically like a weekly version of Bloodsport, with the toughest dudes from all walks of life coming together to see who is the most bad ass. The dudes in Bloodsport didn't train, or care about stupid things like "keeping their balance". All they cared about was beating the shit out of whomever. They come across like guys who would do this if they didn't get paid for it.

Also, they are basically a modern day version of the Sheepherders: clearly crazy, possibly illiterate, almost assuredly rapey. The fact that I get something like that on TV every week is tremendous. 

• Like 12

If the Wyatts are joining the Authority and the Shield is breaking up, then I'm hoping that it's Roman Reigns who turns against the mega stable. Dude's gonna be a star.

I'm hoping they put him on True Blood to go up against Alcide. I'f I'm not mistaken, Joe Manganiello is a wrestling fan who's had front row seats to shows before.

He is! He talked about how awesome PWG is in a interview on Attack of the Show in it's last year on the air.

Rowan and Harper are awesome. They take me back to a magical time when wrestling wasn't just bad football players, amateur wrestlers and guys with tribal tattoos doing key bumps of powdered creatine. Wrestling is way more awesome when it is basically like a weekly version of Bloodsport, with the toughest dudes from all walks of life coming together to see who is the most bad ass. The dudes in Bloodsport didn't train, or care about stupid things like "keeping their balance". All they cared about was beating the shit out of whomever. They come across like guys who would do this if they didn't get paid for it.

Also, they are basically a modern day version of the Sheepherders: clearly crazy, possibly illiterate, almost assuredly rapey. The fact that I get something like that on TV every week is tremendous. 

It took me forever to figure out if you were making fun of everyone or not.

still not 100%.

But I like that Sheepherders comparison. 

• Like 2

Not a good time to be a face in the WWE. It's a very heel heavy show with very few faces. 

Ending the show with a contract signing and now with the Randy Orton gang bang, and they still don't know why their ratings are so low. 

Poor poor Sandow. Oh well.

I don't want to talk about The Shield.

Bryan and HBK segment was so good. Shawn was heeling it up like a pro. If some dude had chanted "fuck him up Dragon fuck him up" I would have creamed myself.

When Rowan headbutted Bryan's chest I don't even.

I skipped the women's match and the Kane vs Miz match. I did not skip Steph's boobage. Also skipped Punk vs Ryback.

Totally stopped watching the show and had to go on youtube to watch Goldust's face paint time-lapse. Hype.

Da Rhodes vs Real American was a pretty good match, the booking on the other hand pisses me off. One week they're in comedy matches losing to Los Matadores and in the other they're giving the tag champs a run for they're money and winning. lame. Dustin is just so good that I almost don't care about that shit though. So fucking good. mmmmmm

Del Rio promo was ok, but still no.

Skipped Natalya and Summer Rae

Steph said hi to El Torito and Triple H patted him on the head. And people still hate this guy. I skipped through most of this until WEEEEEELLL ITTTSS DA BIIIG SHOOOW. Fun stuff.

This show has no business being 3 fucking long hours.

• Like 1

Summer Rae's voice is horrifying. 

At least her valet is dumb, pretty and mute.

I saw want to see this so Rob can say "Tell 'em big man!" when they throw it to Dundee.

Also:  They teased this on the show and it's neat to see: