DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

Jos LeDuc passively gets a total crimson mask and stands on ringside because its Jos LeDuc and it's 1979 and it's a Rusher Kimura match and that's what you do.

• Like 1

Watching Stop The Matsunaga from Zero One and they show highlights of Matsunaga vs. Otsuka from Battlarts '99. Alexander bled everywhere. I need that but it doesn't look like it's online. 

• Like 4

Question for the puro nerds who might know: I watched the infamous Mutoh-Flair match from the 95 G1 Climax. This was after watching the Mutoh-Chono match from the day before where Mutoh bladed and then clearly stuck his blade back in this knee support on camera. LOL New Japan production.

The question I have is did Mutoh pre-blade before that match because the Chono blade job is like 7.0 on the Muta scale. He gets color alright. The puddles he left from the day or so before are still on the ring canvas (boy pro wrestling companies didn't give a shit about washing their mats). However, Flair never hits him in the head during the match. Mutoh doesn't pull out a gig to do another one and also never puts any type of force that would open up his old wound. Like he does the superplex on Flair and it gradually starts trickling out (to the delight and somewhat bemusement of the audience at Sumo Hall). Then, he gets up, does a couple moves, does the WHOOO mockery of Flair again, and it's coming out at a greater regularity. However, it's still not covering his face. His misses a move and Flair gets back on offense hitting a seated Mutoh on top his head but never touching Mutoh at all really. What awesome worked punches Flair had BTW. However, the blood is really starting to flow. Then, in a span of 2 minutes, it's full on geyser, Industrial Light and Magic CGI shit. The puddles he left in the Chono match ain't fucking with what was coming out during the Flair match. I know Mutoh always did the old trick that Arn and others also did frequently by blowing/puffing out his lips to get as much out as he possibly can, but there is no way he got that much out with just that alone. It's absolutely insane.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1

King Curtis bleeds postmatch from what looks like just a punch from Bulldog Brower.  I remember the first year I was married, my wife and I went down South, taking the blue highways.  We went to Abdullah the Butcher's restaurant and my wife was not amused.  We were seated right across from a picture of King Curtis and my wife could not believe the scar tissue and that we were eating in  front of it.  I'd like to think that this match added to that moment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Mutoh probably just hadn't healed up yet. Some of these guys like Curtis and Leduc never seemed to fully heal as you'll see in some of these matches -- it's like a stiff breeze gets them started. 

It just came off as very deliberate. Maybe some of it was improv, and Mutoh just went with it. It's just bizarre that it comes out at much greater amount like a stuck pig than 24 hours before when it started to clot after about five minutes. The Chono match only went 11:36, and the blade job was roughly halfway through the match after they came back to the ring after a short brawl. That is unless he decided that night I'm not going to get treatment for this and get my money out of it.

With that said, I went back and skimmed through the tournament final two days later with him vs. Hashimoto. Towards the finish, it opens back up on a jumping DDT. However, it's not Wes Craven Nightmare on Elm Street levels of blood from two days earlier. He must have javelin'd himself in the head or something because he didn't have a history of literally bleeding every night like some of the old territory guys. 

Historically important in getting over David in St. Louis, with Harley doing the right thing for business and blading in the claw (you can see the ref pick up the blade after the fact too). They probably would have repeated this same deal for the NWA title down the line if it wasn't for what happened in Japan.

• Like 1

For whatever reason (I'm assuming because I watched a video here), I got a Shoji Nakamaki vs. Crypt Keeper match on my suggestions where this motherfucker Nakamaki gets his blade out right on camera from a gap in the bottom of his wrist tape 10 seconds into the match. Then, he passes it from one hand to the other like he's rolling up a small piece of paper. Shit, you might as well come to the ring with your blade already in your hand if you're going to be that flagrant. I mean the match even starts with both guys running to the ring. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is this the best Strongbow match? He's usually a skip for me, but I ended up watching this one and am glad I did. Valentine doesn't bleed buckets, but does get the shit kicked out of him...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

For whatever reason (I'm assuming because I watched a video here), I got a Shoji Nakamaki vs. Crypt Keeper match on my suggestions where this motherfucker Nakamaki gets his blade out right on camera from a gap in the bottom of his wrist tape 10 seconds into the match. Then, he passes it from one hand to the other like he's rolling up a small piece of paper. Shit, you might as well come to the ring with your blade already in your hand if you're going to be that flagrant. I mean the match even starts with both guys running to the ring. 

Here it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

Is this the best Strongbow match? He's usually a skip for me, but I ended up watching this one and am glad I did. Valentine doesn't bleed buckets, but does get the shit kicked out of him...

Eh, the Hammer could carry anybody.

• Like 1