DVDVR Message Board

WWE COVID-19 RELEASE MEGATHREAD

Just now, Eivion said:

To be fair the general assumption is that IIconics and Kairi are likely on their way out anyways.

I'm shocked this one is happening considering the relationship with Charlotte, being US champ, and just having an entire episode built around him.

Everything you're responding to has already been debunked.

I wonder if Vince et al forgot Lars Sullivan still works there.

Also, I saw someone say Maria got released with Mike.

Man, I almost wonder if it's worth separating all this into its own topic with how fast-moving all this is.

But the more people that get announced the angrier I've been getting with WWE.  Yeah, I know recent XFL developments didn't directly lead to this.  Same for donating to some Super PAC.  But it did indirectly lead to it at the same time as these are just some of the boneheaded/fucked moves that WWE has been been doing for quite some time.  And to have all that money including $500 million for essentially rainy day funds there's little to no excuse for all these cuts to happen.  If some wanted out anyway then more power to them.  But for those that didn't this whole thing just really sucks.  The only silver lining is after all is done if still available/willing WWE could bring them back.  But that's still a long time without steady income no matter how hefty the severance pay was.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I worked for a company during the Great Recession that hit or exceeded their quarterly profit goals through the entire ordeal and still enacted austerity measures that never, ever went away. Same energy. 

A lot of it is an excuse to shed payroll. I’m sure Publix is looking to get rid of managers that have accumulated raises through the years, I’ve seen it in the past.

2 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

That’s true no Mania Weekend had to hurt a bunch of companies.

Not just the companies. I think Chris Dickinson booked himself across like 17-18 shows that weekend banking on getting a sniff from one of the Japanese groups... he went all in on getting noticed by SOMEONE and everything went south.

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

Zack Ryder is gone.

It’s funny in retrospect. Tommy Dreamer sent out a tweet video where he called Zack an idiot for buying a shit ton of his memorabilia right before this shit really went down, instead of investing it.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 1

Just now, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It’s funny in retrospect. Tommy Dreamer sent out a tweet video where called Zack an idiot for buying a shit ton of memorabilia right before this shit really went down, instead of investing it.

zack can sell it though and make money easy enough that way

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It’s funny in retrospect. Tommy Dreamer sent out a tweet video where he called Zack an idiot for buying a shit ton of his memorabilia right before this shit really went down, instead of investing it.

I don't know exactly when this was but depending on timing putting it in the stock market might've been far worse.

Edited by Cristobal
  • Like 1

I think Tommy said he spent $50,000 on it? It’s gonna take a while before he can unload it and get his money‘s worth.

He’s a member over at Wrestlingfigs Forum, and Dreamer was guessing on the low end. I’m convinced he’s spent well over $250,000 on figures.

Plus he better hope his fiancée doesn’t get released too or he’s really doomed.

I think Tommy said he spent $50,000 on it? It’s gonna take a while before he can unload it and get his money‘s worth.

i think from watching there video zack busy stuff on video and then sells them quite abit later on.... he could defo have a clear out and get 1000s the dude has everything! i dont have a clue what guys like him n curt made etc i never really see WWE contract money

2 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

I don't know exactly where this was but depending on timing putting it in the stock market might've been far worse.

It's easy picking on Ryder, but it's well known that Taker didn't exactly look after his money that well and Dreamer doesn't have the balls to take a shot at him.

He's just jealous because Zack was the true heart and soul of ECW.

Edited by ComingToAmerica

1 minute ago, mikeoldmac said:

i think from watching there video zack busy stuff on video and then sells them quite abit later on.... he could defo have a clear out and get 1000s the dude has everything! i dont have a clue what guys like him n curt made etc i never really see WWE contract money

Downside for those guys would be low 6 figures. If they did any merch or worked a lot of dates they were probably pulling in double that. The hard part is needing to fund a lot of your own expenses.

3 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

He’s a member over at Wrestlingfigs Forum, and Dreamer was guessing on the low end. I’m convinced he’s spent well over $250,000 on figures.

Plus he better hope his fiancée doesn’t get released too or he’s really doomed.

Oh shit it’s even worse than I guessed. I seriously hope that was the only figure purchase he made that week.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 minute ago, BurningBeard said:

Gallows and Anderson are the only two that have shocked me

They've vocally wanted out for awhile.  They probably only got offered new contracts to keep them out of AEW.  I wouldn't be too surprised if Vince harbors some animosity for them.

I'm guessing they've also figured out that, contract or no, they were probably only getting a push and tv time to placate AJ.  And AJ was already saying he is going to retire this year.

Just now, ComingToAmerica said:

It's easy picking on Ryder, but it's well known that Taker didn't exactly look after his money that well and Dreamer doesn't have the balls to take a shot at him.

Dreamer is supposedly good friends with Ryder though, and was teasing him about it. Taker he wouldn’t say anything about, because he knows he’d be blacklisted for life at that point. Not that I think there’s a chance in hell of Dreamer making the WWE HOF anyways.

1 minute ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Oh shit it’s even worse than I guessed. I seriously hope that was the only purchase he made that week it lookedThat was the only figure purchase he made that week.

It probably was his only purchase that week, but overall he’s spent at least the amount I guessed. He’s posted about some of his bigger purchases on the forum I mentioned.