DVDVR Message Board

WWE COVID-19 RELEASE MEGATHREAD

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Just thought about this, didn't Drake says matches, plural, for the tournament? Which means he isn't losing in his first outing? 

It is a Round Robin Tournament so each person has 3 matches.

Two Block Winners face each other for interim title

16 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

How is Ryder anything else than Spears 2.0? He's far more charismatic admittedly but he is drenched in WWE loser stank and isn't a super worker by any means. Being a lower midcard guy that helps get over younger heel talent is likely where he ends up... In other words, babyface Shawn Spears. 

Cody's expressed several times how bad he wants the guy in AEW. I think he's got more potential than he's been allowed to show. Dude got over on his own. I think the AEW audience is smart enough to understand that. I'll be excited to see him somewhere where he's allowed to find out what he's capable of...

• Like 1

Also apparently Seth Rollins did an IG live video that didn't go as well as I think he hoped it would

Mainly because he was trying to defend the company and did some version of "today is not the day to be negative to the WWE because people lost jobs!"

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

How is Ryder anything else than Spears 2.0? He's far more charismatic admittedly but he is drenched in WWE loser stank and isn't a super worker by any means. Being a lower midcard guy that helps get over younger heel talent is likely where he ends up... In other words, babyface Shawn Spears. 

Spears' tag partner?  I would enjoy watching Tully yell "Stop saying Woo! Do something!"

On Ryder, I was randomly watching a bit of a past WM with my dad (Who doesn't really like or understand wrestling...he gets really mad when tougher guys get beat by less tough-looking guys and can't seem to understand/accept that it's scripted!) and he, knowing nothing of Zack Ryder, was laughing so hard at that Twix commercial with Ric Flair going "Woo!" and Ryder going "Woo woo woo", not knowing that the latter is Ryder's catchphrase and thinking he was just incapable of saying "Woo!" properly.  So now everytime I think of him going "Woo woo woo", it makes me think of my dad just LOSING it laughing at him, that it's always going to be a good memory for me.

I actually think Ryder would be better off trying to transition into a commentator/trainer role, but he's still relatively young and in great shape, so I'd assume he'd probably want to keep wrestling for a bit. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

I'm a little surprised that Samoa Joe isn't on the list of releases

Most of the releases are people who they really aren’t using efficiently for one reason or another. 

I want a Drake v Marko feud in AEW.

• Like 1

BTW - reportedly the reason WWE stopped using EC3 was due to concussions and that he was still suffering the effects from them for awhile

So AEW may or may not be racing to sign someone with a questionable injury history when you have to assume they are going to be very judicious with their hirings right now (if they are signing new people at all)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Most of the releases are people who they really aren’t using efficiently for one reason or another. 

I want a Drake v Marko feud in AEW.

Winner gets to sit at the grownups table at thanksgiving 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The NXT releases are starting to trickle out

MJ Jenkins just announced on Twitter that she has been let go

The worse thing about MJ Jenkins is that her brother died from the virus.  Not sure when.   I doubt Vince would know or really give a shit if he did but man just a horrible double shot to the gut for her

Edited by hammerva
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

They could stand to furlough an announcer or two. 

More likely they would weed out the random backstage interviewers they have (though a few of them have hinted they have been furloughed already)

Just now, RIPPA said:

More likely they would weed out the random backstage interviewers they have (though a few of them have hinted they have been furloughed already)

Yeah, probably.  It's just past time to get Jerry off the air.  His "horny old man who says inappropriate things" gimmick was stale by the end of the Attitude Era.  Now it's cringe-inducing.  Also, I assume he makes a fair bit and probably doesn't need the money (though he is selling the Batmobile).

• Like 1

How many times will Joe Coffey, and Wolfgang be released? That’ll be the UK talents saving grace if the company thinks they released 8 people off their roster to cut costs. Or he looks at a bunch of headshots, and releases all the clean cut guys because he likes the hillbilly looking people.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The worse thing about MJ Jenkins is that her brother died from the virus.  Not sure when.   I doubt Vince would know or really give a shit if he did but man just a horrible double shot to the gut for her

• Sad 2

The poor person on WWE.com updating the bio page clearly just gave up because there are a bunch of confirmed releases still on the page (Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel are two I definitely still saw)