DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

If they were just filled with air, they would be on the ground and would not float like they were. They could've filled them with air and tied them directly to the trees and then there would be no debate. But they were on strings and floating in the air, so they were definitely filled with helium

The helium thing struck me as well.  Then when I was driving home earlier today I saw the balloons floating on the signs at the apartment entrance advertising current specials and it reminded me that apartment complexes and housing communities are always putting up balloons to attract attention to their signage.  It's possible a planned community like Alexandria had a leasing office on site that would do stuff like that, or they likely held regular events at a neighborhood clubhouse or something and kept a helium tank there to put up decorations.  I don't know if helium tanks leak out over time or not, and it's not like helium would be a sought after commodity in the post apocalyptic world. 

If they were just filled with air, they would be on the ground and would not float like they were. They could've filled them with air and tied them directly to the trees and then there would be no debate. But they were on strings and floating in the air, so they were definitely filled with helium

They were tied down to something, in each shot they were anchored by something. All it takes is one breeze for them to be floating when filled with O2. Or they were filled with helium, either way it's not an aspect of the episode I have an issue with.

I'll take a wild guess at what's for next week. The Air Raid siren thing was set off from Alexandria because the Wolves showed up. The Alexandrian's thought it would be safe because this was only a dress rehearsal. They kept the fact that they have an Air Raid Siren secret from everyone because they're all idiots with no survival instinct. The producers decided that the show gets stale when they have people in a secure location and the walkers are not a threat, so they concocted this whole thing as a reason to have the secure location overrun, cull a bunch of cast members, and get the ones who survive back on the run (scattered, and mutually unaware of which of their friends are alive or dead) and desperate.

Because that was thrilling and dramatic the last three times it happened in this show. They build a castle, they knock it down. It's what they do.

This was better than last week's episode. But there was a big unexplained thing from last week (the air raid siren) that they didn't explain. Also, Carol should have explained why she was killing captured Wolves before they could be questioned. Knowledge being power and all.

Also, the truck was being driven by a human, right? How was the driver all rotted up like a months old walker, two minutes after getting shot?

The "air raid" siren from last week was the horn from the crashed semi truck. And I took the zombie in the truck to mean that the Wolves put it in there and ran the truck toward the wall to try to knock it down, not that the zombie was driving it himself.

If the horn we heard was the horn from the crashed truck, then for it to be that loud at where the convoy was, the convoy must have been really close to Alexandria. So therefore the first walkers investigating the noise would have been not far behind Morgan... even when the horn stopped, walkers tend to keep going the way they're going, right? That's why the convoy idea worked at all. 

How fast do walkers shamble vs how fast did Morgan run?  The Wolf fight took less than an hour -- Carole started a casserole just before she saw the wolf kill the cigarette lady and the casserole finished just after they fended them off.  Morgan was a little late to the fight.  Did he run fast enough to put maybe 45 minutes between him and the walkers?  Fuck, I didn't know there'd be a math quiz today.

From the previews, it looks like the next episode will be another "time overlap," showing Rick & company trying to fight or detour the walkers as the Wolf attack is happening.

They really missed the boat not naming this episode "Casserole."

I was amused by Ms. Neudermyer needing that damn pasta maker again, she was asking for that last season too.  Too bad she won't get one after all.

Badass Carol plus Morgan finally killing a fool made for entertaining TV.  Thoroughly enjoyed this episode.

Morgan better figure this shit out.  Dude sat there with Father Useless, taking his sweet time to carefully tie up a Wolf while people were getting hacked to bits all around.  Rick may be a nutcase be he is absolutely right about this world.

Also, for a brief few seconds I swore Morgan would get shot in the end.  I thought the house he was going into toward the end of the episode was the armory house.  Carol had told Olivia to shoot anybody who came through the door, so I figured he'd walk in to check the place out and get capped for his troubles.

Morgan better figure this shit out. Dude sat there with Father Useless, taking his sweet time to carefully tie up a Wolf while people were getting hacked to bits all around. Rick may be a nutcase be he is absolutely right about this world.

Also, for a brief few seconds I swore Morgan would get shot in the end. I thought the house he was going into toward the end of the episode was the armory house. Carol had told Olivia to shoot anybody who came through the door, so I figured he'd walk in to check the place out and get capped for his troubles.

Yes I thought the same thing. Really good episode this week. So I was for sure wrong on my prediction of them leading the horde to attack the Wolves. Dang it :P

I finally caught up with the end of last season. And if Season Five of The Walking Dead taught me anything at all, it's this: never be a black man. You are FUCKED in the post-zombpocalyptic world if you're a dude whose skin is any darker than Darryl's farmer tan.

The "air raid" siren from last week was the horn from the crashed semi truck. And I took the zombie in the truck to mean that the Wolves put it in there and ran the truck toward the wall to try to knock it down, not that the zombie was driving it himself.

Who are you to doubt the merits of the famed Zombie Auto School

I wonder if it wasn't [redacted] who we see being eaten but actually [redacted], who shot himself and fell on top of him.  Maybe [you know] was underneath [that guy], who was actually the one being eaten.

It would be a bit of a cop out but one I'm sure many who watch the show would be fine with.

I wonder if the zombies were hungry again an hour later.

HIIYOOOOO

You silly git, he's Korean, not Chinese. Use your stereotypes properly!

• Like 3