DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

I'll need to watch a recent show to prepare myself for that NJPW card. Any DVD suggested? I'm more interested in seeing the new talent and the dynamics of the roster, since I haven't seen anything since Tyler Black was the champion.

I'd say watch the 12th Anniversary or Final Battle. 

To be clear, these aren't amazing shows (although I really liked Cole vs Hero from the 12th Anni) but they're good and they'll give you a proper idea of what ROH is like right now.

I would really say the Chicago show from a few weeks ago with Red Dragon vs the Bucks

Main event is Cole vs Hero which is their worst match of the ones they've had though it's still Cole and Hero so it's not bad. 

Steen vs Alexander was a nice surprise and Briscoes got the best match out of Outlaw Inc to date

I'd say watch the 12th Anniversary or Final Battle. 

To be clear, these aren't amazing shows (although I really liked Cole vs Hero from the 12th Anni) but they're good and they'll give you a proper idea of what ROH is like right now.

Final Battle 2013?

The New York show will be my first ROH show since Final Battle 2008, going specifically because of the New Japan guys. I haven't seen any of the product since FB 08 and haven't really kept up with any of the storylines. If anyone has any recommendations for the New Japan guys (I know there will be plenty to suggest), that'd also be great.

If there winds up being enough people going, does anyone want to do a DVDVR meetup on the day of the NY show?

Anyone else going to the Toronto show? What's the seating at Ted Reeve like? The only good seats left are 1-3 row "corner" seats...any idea what it means by corner? Please and thanks.

I'm going.  Ted Reeve is a hockey arena, so you have the seats behind the hockey glass which are general admission, and then they set up the ring and folding chairs on the rink surface (sans ice, obviously).  I would assume that "corner seats" means you're gonna be facing a ringpost.

• Like 1

Just for cuirosity sake what is that? One of my gripes with ROH from watching the television program is that almost every match there is not only outside action but outside drives. That's all cool but not every match needs those things.

Just for cuirosity sake what is that? One of my gripes with ROH from watching the television program is that almost every match there is not only outside action but outside drives. That's all cool but not every match needs those things.

You probably shouldn't watch this weeks TV then.

Neither should anyone who is anti-FLIPZ in general.

The match did very little to tell a story or serve a purpose. It played to the live crowd, which is fine, but the brawl on the outside went on too long. There were a lot of big spots. I hate that guys on the independents use the F5 as a near-fall or  transition move, and Elgin hit God knows how many power bombs and I think at least three buckle bombs. That is just overkill i you ask me.

I wasn't saying you were. I was saying your gripes about RoH are on full display this week, and that the people on this board who are anti-flipz should also not watch this week's show.

Flips galore huh
  • Like 1

Spoilering just in case:

NYC's getting Styles vs. Elgin instead of Okada vs. Elgin.  Okada is still supposed to be at the NYC show, not clear what they're going to do with him... but Matt Taven tweeted about Okada not having a match, so it might be Okada vs. Taven.

Spoilering just in case:

NYC's getting Styles vs. Elgin instead of Okada vs. Elgin.  Okada is still supposed to be at the NYC show, not clear what they're going to do with him... but Matt Taven tweeted about Okada not having a match, so it might be Okada vs. Taven.

I much prefer the original match, and Styles getting Taven.