DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

Considering there's only been one two-time ROH World Champion (Aries) I don't see Cole getting the belt back once he's dropped it. Just sucks that his only feud has been a not-so-memorable one with Jay Briscoe, with occasional challenges by Hero and Elgin. But I can't see Elgin getting the PPV title match and losing again, however Cole did beat him clean in September to win the strap. Besides, if they're ever gonna pull the trigger on him, it has to be now. It's been two years since the breakout match with Davey, they can't hold off much longer if he's going to be a main event player, let alone a credible threat to anyone in the future.

Also the team of Hanson and Rowe are known as War Machine. I am a fan of this. Can't wait to see them toss around the Young Bucks.

Poor Yujiro. On the ROH website it lists Yujiro KUSHIDA and when you click his name it goes to a profile of KUSHIDA. I hope somebody there realizes that is 2 different guys. Watch them announce Alex Shelley & Yujiro KUSHIDA vs The Young Bucks.

They announced Toronto matches for the NJ guys.

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Jado
AJ Styles & Karl Anderson vs. Kazuchika Okada & Gedo
Takaaki Watanabe vs. Michael Elgin
Forever Hooligans vs. Time Splitters vs. Young Bucks

Especially compared to the NYC card......

ROH & NJPW Present: WAR OF THE WORLDS
Saturday, May 17th, 2014 – 7:30PM
The Hammerstein Ballroom – New York City

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Winner of Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen from GLOBAL WARS (ROH) vs. Jushin “Thunder” Liger (NJPW)

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (ROH)
**5/3 in Fukuoka, Japan Kazuchika Okada defends the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against AJ Styles. The winner of that match will defend against Michael Elgin on May 17th

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Champions: The Young Bucks (Bullet Club) vs. reDRagon (ROH)

IWGP WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Champions: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (Bullet Club) vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (ROH)

ROH WORLD TV CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion: Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini (ROH) vs. KUSHIDA (NJPW)

Shinsuke Nakamura (NJPW) vs. Kevin Steen or Adam Cole (ROH)  

Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW) vs. Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis (ROH)

Haha yeah, I'm still excited to be going to the NY show, but that match is a head scratcher. The ROH fans are really overreacting in a bad way towards the Toronto show. I'm way more of a NJPW fan, so the Toronto show looking more like a traditional New Japan B show of theirs looks pretty good to me.

After thinking it over, you're right about that. Essentially Toronto gets two Korakuen Hall main events. I guess I just hoped it would have been explained beforehand that it would be each company with its own talent in matches. I'm sure Toronto will be a good show, NYC just has the more intriguing matchups. Except poor Tanahashi having to work Bennett.

He caught a lot of hate because he was one of cornette's guys and was pushed too hard initially. He almost immediately went over Cabana and then one of the Briscoes. I thought he started to get better after the Lance Storm program and he's pretty entertaining these days.

Liked his match with Lethal in Chicago a lot

I try to avoid actively hating anyone in wrestling these days.  However, that just leaves quite a few people who I'm REALLY apathetic about...

And there's a bunch of them in ROH.  For me, it would be The Decade in its entirety, Outlaw Inc. (I like them both as workers but the gimmick sucks many dicks), Taven, Page, Coleman, Alexander, and O'Reilly.

I like O'Reilly a lot more since he teamed up with Fish and started cutting promos about buying clothes at J-Crew. The Decade is a terrible stable, but them using Page as a young boy is at least mildly amusing for now.

Agree with you about Outlaw Inc, Coleman and Alexander though. I'm the only Matt Taven fan here, apparently. He still needs the hotties back though. :)