DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - MAY

Dolfan in NYC

Hahahahahahaha holy shit, it gets even better.

This is almost better than whatever the fuck happened at the end of that Chiefs game near the end of the season.

I don't think it's an overreaction for me to say that someone HAS to be fired for the fiasco today in Cincy. I don't care if it's one of the bench coaches, there needs to be some accountability here. This would be totally unacceptable for a little league team much less an alleged Major League team.

Riggleman actually talked to the umps about it again in the second, because he got confused about what the order actually was.  After that they were fine. 

oh okay.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Riggleman actually talked to the umps about it again in the second, because he got confused about what the order actually was.  After that they were fine. 

yeah this is what I would expect/assume to have happened after the first time.

the idea of a team not doing this and thus repeating their mistake was so ridiculously unprofessional (and yet somehow not so beyond the pale for the Mets for me to dismiss it as impossible) just appealed to my sense of enjoying the absurd.

the difference between making a mistake vs. doubling down on it

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It wasn't twice it was only once

Craig clearly was drunk

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Following along as it happened and having my friend who is a scorekeeper for MLB texting me about how crazy it was really made it look like it happened twice. More than that, if you followed along on Gameday, it happened three times, but my friend said that whatever happened in the second inning caused them to have to reset Gameday. Whoever was scoring the game at that time and was keying stuff may have caused it to look like it happened a third time. Also, whenever Gameday is reset, MLB then has to wait for ESPN to reset their shit before everything shows up correctly.

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh yeah, the Diamondbacks will be getting a new stadium.

This reminds me of the single greatest thing Jesse Ventura ever said: "We don't replace 20 year old school buildings, why should we replace 20 year old stadiums?"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Since San Diego is on the hook for most of the money, Headley is gonna end up with the Mets.

You are joking but the sad thing is that it wouldn't shock me in the least if that actually happened.