DVDVR Message Board
Brian Fowler

THE GOOD PLACE THREAD

They teased during the podcast for this episode that “Suck it, gardeners” will have a payoff later this season.

• Like 1

I wasn’t surprised they had Simone figure things out, but I kind of expected original Team Cockroach to discover that all four of the test subjects had been suspicious of them for a while now.

I also think that it’s the original four who are really the ones being tested, as each seems to have demonstrably improved over their fatal flaw. Elenor repeatedly chose not to give up when things got tough, Tahani made amends with the Gossip Toilet dude, Jason became less impulsive (he fooled Simone into thinking he was a monk for a whole year) and seems to have gotten the slightest bit smarter, and Chidi has become more decisive, such as immediately determining to help Brent.

I think it also makes more sense that it’s the original four than the new ones, because the whole hiccup causing everyone to go to the bad place was all the unintended consequences of everyone’s actions. If their actions in the Good Place don’t have unintended consequences (like Brent’s suit in a can - it wasn’t made in a sweatshop nor was the can made out of unethically sourced metal and transported across the world), then it should be much easier for them to improve. 

Thank you for listening to my Ted (Danson) Talk.

Edited by JonnyLaw
  • Like 4

From the Good Place podcast, the five stages of grief in Jacksonville are:

1) graffitiing a Red Lobster

2) ATV race

3) tattoo fight

4) prank calling the morgue

5) graffitiing the morgue

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This week's episode was the first one this season that really lived up to the show, but then it was also a huge payoff to about six things and a retrospective to about six others, so that's hardly fair too.

• Like 1