DVDVR Message Board

THE GOOD PLACE THREAD

Brian Fowler

57 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Little things, but this series gave me two of my favorite cameos ever with Timothy Olyphant in Justified garb a few episodes back and

Hide contents

My hero Nick Offerman as Nick Offerman.

Oh yeah, I got teary eyed seeing

Hide contents

Mary Steenburgen's very brief cameo. I thought that was a nice little touch.

I'm super excited to see what Michael Schur does next. Personally, I still think I like Parks and Rec more because there was so much more there to love, but I think the Good Place is the better overall series. And I still need to watch Brooklyn Nine Nine at some point.

IIRC, he is working on a show with Ed Helms about a small town with a large Native American population.

Just looked it up, it will be on Peacock.

RUTHERFORD FALLS (scripted comedy)
Logline: Ed Helms portrays Nathan Rutherford, the eponymous denizen of a small New England town, who is having difficulty facing the inevitable changes to his way of life.

? I don't like Ed Helms that much, but Michael Schur has been amazing at rounding out his TV series with some of the best "unknown" talent out there. With Parks and Rec, I already knew Aziz from Human Giant, but others like Retta, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt, and others weren't getting a ton of work and they're all awesome. Same with Good Place with Jameela Jamil, Darcy Carden, William Jackson Harper, and Manny Jacinto. He's also masterful at rounding out the cast with people like Marc Evan Jackson or Adam Scott.

• 7 months later...