DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2018

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Was not expecting 2 goals by Sevilla or a win. 

I take it you didn't watch the first leg? I totally expected it because we aren't very good. I'm amazed Jose signed the extension but I'm even more amazed he was given one because he is not going to get us past Premier League also ran status with maybe a cup win if we are lucky.

The media still talks about United like they are the biggest club in the world when literally the only time in recent memory they actually got their first choice transfer target was Paul Pogba. All their other players - literally every single one - they've brought in the last few years (and some of them are, obviously, quite excellent players) were United having to settle for their second or third choice because other clubs beat them to it and/or paid more, and then spinning it as hard as they could. You can even make the case that a few times this has actually worked to their advantage and saved them from themselves, but players clearly don't view them in the same stratosphere as Bayern, Madrid, or Barcelona.

They are absolute miles off of City at this point, and it's sort of a sad statement that they are going to finish second in the league anyway.

8 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Barcelona v Roma
Sevilla v Bayern Munich
Juventus v Real Madrid
Liverpool v Manchester City

I have a Juventus' fan.  Real Madrid is hard to beat, however I prefer to challenge them now and not in final.

In the double matches Juve can beat Real, in a single match is very hard, like last year.

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I kind of want Real Madrid to win just for the hilarity of Zidane winning back to back Champion's Legaues and getting fired in the same year.

I wonder if he would resign to take the PSG job, after winning the CL.