DVDVR Message Board

NOC 2013

rzombie1988

They really need to shave Axel's head and just grow his beard out. Or do...something. 

Right now he just looks like a depressed and partied out bully at his high school reunion.

You called?

Posted Image

God damn it you just sealed the deal.

The friendship deal

It seems kind of dumb, if they want to do another month of Bryan chasing, to have already given us the visual of him getting a clean win.  Why not screw him during the match?

It seems like the heat to see Bryan pin Orton again will be less than the heat to see him finally get the win, no?

It more and more seems like the true endgame is HHH-Daniel Bryan, doesn't it?

Oh, and I just want say that I might have been the first person here to suggest that a Dusty finish was the appropriate way to end Night of Champions. 

A. I can't believe Daniel Bryan keeps looking so weak. These idiots. B. I can't believe they put the title on Daniel Bryan. These idiots.

A. Problems with Execution. B. Problems with Theory. I know it's a lot of fun to be ironic and point out how people have been complaining and are still complaining but it's completely missing the point.
 Problemz! I'm not really being ironic. I think I'm just tired of borderline psychotic over analysis getting in the way of loving our great sport. Nothing can possibly hold up under these levels of scrutiny. If it was playing out exactly the way everyone thinks that it should everyone would be dismissively wanking it as a Stone Cold/Vince rehash. On the positive, we get Dusty Rhodes tomorrow. Dusty Rhodes.
Why is it that someone whose opinion coincides with yours is assumed to be "loving our great sport", while someone whose opinion differs is engaging in "borderline psychotic overanalysis"?Actually never mind. Answered my own question there.

I watched this at a sports bar so i couldn't really hear the crowd or announcers or segments. But here are my thoughts:

1) The spur-of-the-moment Kofi vs. Axel match was decent. Those guys had a minor miracle on Smackdown. This wasn't quite that good but it was better than average.

2) The divas match had its moments. Naomi's really athletic and has some pretty good spots. That double Sharpshooter spot was good on paper. But Natalya sold it to the crowd for like 15 minutes before doing it. Everyone at the bar was wondering why the ref didn't count to three since Brie and Naomi were out for like three hours. If you have an opponent down in a Fatal 4-Way, you just go for it. If you have two down, don't hesitate. I'm glad AJ won so she can continue her deal. She's clearly the talent in the division -- even though she's not as talented physically (and handicapped by her size), she at least knows how to present herself as a character and understands there's more to the ring than making L's on her face. Case in point: Nattie looking all pissed at AJ who is gloating. Uhm, you tapped out Nattie, what are you angry about? Sell the move.

3) ADR vs. RVD was just there. I would think the rest of the roster has to hate working with RVD. That guy's matches are predicated on him getting his stuff in and not much other than that. ADR's whole style is working a body part and attacking it viciously. He's had a ton of good-to-great matches with his formula. Working something like that isn't really RVD's thing. I do like any cheap bs heel escape with the belt, especially in front of a hometown audience.

4) I mostly talked with my friend about his dating situation during Miz/Fandango. He's been dating a girl for a few months and it's going really well. He's had a tough little bit of time in terms of work and some personal disagreements with mutual friends (that aren't his fault). Happy he's doing well on the romantic front because he's a great guy.

5) I liked Punk's match a lot. He hit some nasty things on Axel. Heyman was absolutely amazing during the match. Punk got to wail on Heyman for a while. But he couldn't break his face like he promised because of Ryback's interference. I like Ryback's motivation -- Punk's a bully, he's not. I also like this from a booking perspective because it gives Punk something else to do to keep him out of the greater story arc. He and Heyman have their own universe and they should for a while more.

6) Ambrose/Ziggler was exactly what you'd thing -- a really good, solid match between two of the best. Ambrose is GREAT at selling jaw injuries. He's one of the great scumbag heels in recent times. Nice work.

7) That tag match was also really good. I liked how it was built. If this match was scored like boxing or real wrestling, the PTPs would have been ahead by a large margin. They were the first team to really take it to The Shield like this. Have they had a match with them yet? I loved Titus' whistle spot -- great goofball energy. That guy has a ton of charisma. The Shield steal another win but the PTPs came the closest to cracking the tag team code.

8) Bryan/Orton was great, like you'd think. These guys are capable of having an even better match down the road. As far as the booking -- Bryan wins but will get it stripped tomorrow. Austin had the title when the McMahon feud began. Vince then started plotting to take it away from him (via Foley) and then Vince ditched Foley for The Rock. And then Austin dropped the title and regained it and had a bunch of side feuds. The whole angle isn't over by any means.Good PPV. Far from SummerSlam but that's a near impossible bar to set. I was also really surprised a lot of the other angles -- Big Show, The Rhodes Family -- didn't get involved in the show at all.

A. I can't believe Daniel Bryan keeps looking so weak. These idiots. B. I can't believe they put the title on Daniel Bryan. These idiots.

A. Problems with Execution. B. Problems with Theory. I know it's a lot of fun to be ironic and point out how people have been complaining and are still complaining but it's completely missing the point.

Problemz! I'm not really being ironic. I think I'm just tired of borderline psychotic over analysis getting in the way of loving our great sport. Nothing can possibly hold up under these levels of scrutiny. If it was playing out exactly the way everyone thinks that it should everyone would be dismissively wanking it as a Stone Cold/Vince rehash. On the positive, we get Dusty Rhodes tomorrow. Dusty Rhodes.

Why is it that someone whose opinion coincides with yours is assumed to be "loving our great sport", while someone whose opinion differs is engaging in "borderline psychotic overanalysis"?Actually never mind. Answered my own question there.

Please reread. I suggested we make it harder to like the thing the thing that we like.

And yeah, we get a little crazy about THIS BUSINESS.  

Man if Scott Armstong gets fired tomorrow for the fast count and this all turns out to be part of some huge fantasty booking thing Triple H dreamed up as a kid because he wanted to be a Horsemen (to feud with Dusty) and a member of the Studd Stable (to feud with Bullet Bob), it's going to be awesome. Triple H will be Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, and Ron Fuller all rolled into one.

As for the show it was all right. I loved how Curtis Axel opened his big mouth and Heyman was like "please Triple H, show him mercy. He knows not what he says". The impromtu match with Axel/Kofi wasn't bad. It's just no one cared about it. Man, remember when Kofi was something special. Yeah...good times.

I thought for sure after ADR got DQ'ed and RVD did the Van Terminator on him, we would see Damien Sandow come out to cash in. I mean I like Del Rio, but ever since he got rid of the cars and Ricardo he's just been so bleh. His matches are fine, but there's just nothing about them that makes me want to care.

As for the main event, it was a damn good match. Bryan and Orton work great together. It should be fun to see what kind of Dusty finish they do for Bryan especially since Princess Stephanie invited Dusty to be on the show tomorrow. Great to see him win, but it's just a matter of how he's going to be screwed out tomorrow or at the next PPV. Or hell maybe he'll hold on to the belt. Stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

As for the show it was all right. I loved how Curtis Axel opened his big mouth and Heyman was like "please Triple H, show him mercy. He knows not what he says". The impromtu match with Axel/Kofi wasn't bad. It's just no one cared about it. Man, remember when Kofi was something special. Yeah...good times.

All of Kofi's matches should have over the top elimination stips so he can just do wonky survival spots every week,

The booking is... strange. I just hope after he gets stripped of the belt, Linda McMahon doesn't come in to save the day.

Sorry, but Curtis missed his dad's talents. Everything about him is just bleh.

So I hear Dolph almost won the US belt, eh? Fuck dis shit.

And no, I didn't watch the PPV.

Really...DX over The Legion of Doom!? Really!?

And Booker f'n T...and that pole smoker Hogan!? Really!?

Was it mandatory that you had to have an IQ less than your shoe size in order to participate in the polls or did it just happen by chance?

Did it require use of the WWE App?

Doesn't pretty much everything now?

Really...DX over The Legion of Doom!? Really!?

And Booker f'n T...and that pole smoker Hogan!? Really!?

Was it mandatory that you had to have an IQ less than your shoe size in order to participate in the polls or did it just happen by chance?

Did it require use of the WWE App?

Doesn't pretty much everything now?

Just providing an opening for people to make fun of users of the WWE App.

• Like 1