DVDVR Message Board

THE 2017 WORLD SERIES: HOUSTON @ LOS ANGELES

Dolfan in NYC

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to THE 2017 WORLD SERIES: HOUSTON @ LOS ANGELES
7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Fans of the game pay attention to those details, but keep waving your rally towels, blowing train whistles, and whatever other lame shit Houston fans have to amuse themselves with.

Well, we have our Astros in the World Series to amuse ourselves. That’s a lot better than New Yorkers have it!

(I was also joking about the All Star game. Should’ve added more question marks to denote sarcasm.)

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Fans of the game pay attention to those details, but keep waving your rally towels, blowing train whistles, and whatever other lame shit Houston fans have to amuse themselves with.

I take it you haven't been to the new Yankee Stadium yet (which is basically Six Flags over The Bronx)? Your point died when the actual Yankee Stadium closed in 2008.

5 hours ago, sabremike said:

I take it you haven't been to the new Yankee Stadium yet (which is basically Six Flags over The Bronx)? Your point died when the actual Yankee Stadium closed in 2008.

Of course I have. Many, many times. I sit in the bleachers with real fans.

I eat at the Bizarre Foods concession stand and mostly stand at the gaspump in centerfield when I go to Minute Maid.  Or go play in the playground.  My daughter and I have been going to a couple of games every year since she was 4.  They were really, really bad back then.  It's pretty fun that we're winning.  The only game she's been to where the Astros lost was when we brought her brothers in the hopes that they'd become fans.  They hated.  One son only loves wrestling, the other only loves basketball.  My daughter only loves baseball.  Nobody likes football. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Dodgers left Curtis Granderson off the WS roster, denying him of his first and possibly only Series appearance. Fuck them. 

It's depriving of him of a potential WS ring as he was with us in 2015 when we won the pennant. Fully agree with your sentiment though.

10 minutes ago, sabremike said:

It's depriving of him of a potential WS ring as he was with us in 2015 when we won the pennant. Fully agree with your sentiment though.

Who exactly do you guys want the Dodgers leave off so Granderson can sit on the bench?

Y'all mocked Aaron Judge because HE STRIKES OUT TOO MUCH!!!! Granderson whiffed in 8 of his 15 playoff ABs with 1 hit

He hit .161 since coming over to the Dodgers.

But yes - let's stick him on the roster.

And if they win - he still gets a ring

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I see the media is finally getting a hold of the Adrian Gonzalez bailing on the Dodgers to go to Europe story

Fake news!

I'm sadly going to miss tonight's game due to a prior engagement (Rifftrax Night of the Living Dead @Opry Mills!).

Hopefully the Boys will give Verlander hell tonight.