DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2017

Dolfan in NYC

14 of the 20 PL members voted in favor of the decision, the exact number needed to enforce the change, but who were the five who didn’t want the changes? That’s right, five, because Burnley decided to abstain from voting altogether.

Sky Sports is reporting that Swansea City, Watford, Manchester City, Manchester United and Crystal Palace all voted against the transfer window shutting before the season started.

Who voted to not close the transfer window before the season starts.

Saw the score of the City-Liverpool match and the first thing I said was "I bet a Liverpool player was sent off early". And sure enough that's exactly what happened.

Regarding de Boer, I have a sneaking suspicion he will show in Belgium soon, either at AA Gent or at Anderlecht. Boy, all that misplaced prestige he had acquired with Ajax sure rusted quickly. Hard to believe he was considered by Liverpool before they got Klopp. (Then again, de Boer's management style was also a hilariously awful match for Palace.)

1 hour ago, Pete said:

A 21-year-old MLS attendance record will fall tomorrow as Atlanta has already sold over 69,255 tickets for their match against Orlando at the Benz.

I'm awaiting all sorts of fan related violence in the stands and the streets from this massive ancient rivalry between a 3 year old team and one in it's first season. It's just like the Old Firm rivalry!!! #MLSCosplayHooligans

21 minutes ago, AxB said:

The MLS has existed for 21 years? And it drew a big crowd in in 1996? How?

By selling 68k tickets to the Metro-LA game at the Rose Bowl that was the first for both teams.