DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

6 hours ago, Raziel said:

Liara states her age is 106 in ME1, which would put her around 109-110 by the time ME3 was over, assuming 6 months between the end of ME1 and Prologue of ME2, and another 6 months between 2 and 3.

Yeah she explicitly states in ME3 that she's 109. I don't know if the scene triggers if you don't romance her, though.

12 hours ago, Gonzo said:

I'm trying to think of who else could be there outside of Liara.

I think Wrex (or whichever Krogan replaces him if you off him on Virmire) could be there, but I thought Wrex was at least middle-age in Krogan terms during the original trilogy. Grunt could probably be there, too, given his relative youth.

Outside of those three, though, I'm drawing a blank.

The Krogan and EDI were the ones i was thinking of.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Correct

Liara is just beyond 100 during the ME trilogy (I dont think its ever specified exactly how old)

Hyperion leaves in 2185 which was in between 2 and 3

Trip was 600 years so assuming nothing unforeseen happened - Liara would be between 700-800 and in her Matriarch stage

And I believe they confirmed Liara being in that age range as well for ME4, hence why I expect no one but her from the original trilogy.

Where is all of this confirmation you speak of? My short Google searches have only turned up the face model for Liara confirming she’s back, but the voice actress claiming to know nothing about ME4.

Not saying you’re lying, I’m just extremely curious.

44 minutes ago, Casey said:

Where is all of this confirmation you speak of? My short Google searches have only turned up the face model for Liara confirming she’s back, but the voice actress claiming to know nothing about ME4.

Not saying you’re lying, I’m just extremely curious.

I don't blame you. Its been in a couple of ME4 theories with the types who watch the tweets and comments from the developers. Thinking back confirm is probably too strong a word since developers tend more strongly hint opposed to giving straight answers on unreleased projects. But yeah its been from answers in tweets from Mike Gamble when fans have asked about the game.

• Thanks 1

I ever tell you my theory if Krogan evolution? Basically, the Reapers wipe out intelligent (meaning spacegoing) life every 10,000 years, so something like the Asari (who were almost spacegoing when the Prothean extinction happened) is as advanced as any species could ever get. BUT, the Krogans never made it off Tuchanka until they were uplifted to fight the Rachni. So nobosy knows how long they were there. My theory is, they survived multiple Reaper cycles, because basically their technology would advance to the point that they discovered Nuclear Weapons (or other WMDs), and then they'd immediately use them in a Mutually Assured Destruction circumstance, take themselves back to the Stone Age, and the Reapers would ignore them.

So they (and possibly Thresher Maws too) are actually the most evolved beings in the Universe. It would explain a lot of the double nervous system and having both an exo- and endo-skeleton. And why the entire planet of Tuchanka is such an irradiated wasteland.

11 hours ago, Gonzo said:

"Here's that model ship you ordered."

"Wait a minute. . .I didn't order a model ship."

*bass line starts*

You guys tell these jokes like Fornax isn't a real thing in the game.

On 6/25/2021 at 1:11 PM, Casey said:

wasn't Okeer, like, 1800 years old or something insane? He was a veteran of the Krogan Rebellion, and died at least a thousand years after it. If Wrex is "middle aged", he could theoretically still be around during ME4.

IIRC, Krogan don't die of natural causes.

15 hours ago, Ace said:

IIRC, Krogan don't die of natural causes.

Natural causes for a Krogan and natural causes for everyone else are two different things.   Death by gunshot is natural causes for a Krogan.

I think this is the first time I have bothered to scroll through all of the advertisements in the Zakera Ward.  I suddenly feel the need to own a Tannekant luxury shuttle and the Salarian made 360 degree holo screen commercial is sooooo subversive.

I keep thinking the game is fucking with me,  but there really is a paltry sum of credits to be found during the Firewalker mission at the Cerberus base inside of that fucking volcano on planet Zeona.  There is a decent amount of Iridium on the planet to be extracted... as if I wasn't already swimming in that shit.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

Finished recruiting everyone (sans Legion)

I got half of biotic combos using Miranda and Jack while recruiting Samara.

I think I have one more mission before having to go to the Collector ship

Did the annoying mission where you have to navigate the ruins of the ship on the girders. Hate that one. 

Also did more mining and got enough element zero to research some powers and up the ships fuel reserve. 

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Did the annoying mission where you have to navigate the ruins of the ship on the girders. Hate that one. 

That's the one that JT and I were saying earlier can fuck right off

• Like 1

I thought JT was overstating how powerful Vanguards got once you got the Claymore from the Collector Ship.  Then I melted Harbinger with 2 charges and 3 shots.  Then I melted a Scion in 3 rounds.  Fucking awesome.

But yeah, I gotta make sure the SMG stays powered up too because I can see where the Proto-Reaper is gonna be a problem with a shotgun.

• Like 1

I beat ME3 last night, got the “perfect” Destroy ending. I’m satisfied. I’m curious if Liara is always a focal point of the scenes after, like being with Joker when the Normandy being on some planet, or hanging up the nameplate with FemShep’s name on it. Or is it just whoever you romance? Probably whoever you romance, I’d imagine. I wonder what happens if you don’t do that with anyone, though. Is it just Joker?

Anyway, I’m happy that the game takes me back to right before the Cerberus base mission. I can probably knock out two trophies doing that, and go back to the Citadel and do that “defeat 5 Spectre level enemies” thing too.

But, for now… I’m putting this on the shelf, until Andromeda goes on sale again.

Edited by Casey

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

I thought JT was overstating how powerful Vanguards got once you got the Claymore from the Collector Ship.  Then I melted Harbinger with 2 charges and 3 shots.  Then I melted a Scion in 3 rounds.  Fucking awesome.

I am a min/max guy.  I would not bullshit you when it comes to builds.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I fucking hate the Estavanico mission.  It can eat an entire bag of goat dicks.

6 hours ago, Casey said:

But, for now… I’m putting this on the shelf, until Andromeda goes on sale again.

So, while Andromeda is $30 right now, if if makes it more palpable, if you have any interest in the NFS series, Battlefields, Star Wars, or any of EA Sports games, or (lol) Anthem, EA Play has Andromeda on it's service, for $30.  

I'm guessing that if Andromeda online wasn't dead already (I don't know for sure it was, but it seems likely), the Trilogy re-release would have killed it. Unless it goes on PS+ or something.

Yeah, it is worth it to wait for Tali's recruitment before going to defend Lia'Vial's reputation against the Volus douchebag that accused her of theft.  Bonus points for Kasumi's hilarious extra dialogue during the sidejob and her awesome response to Avina's cornucopia dig at Star Trek tech ("Anything the user desires?  That could put me out of a job!")

I'm now annoyed that I didn't do the Renegade interrupt in Stealing Memories when I first played ME2.  Shutting Donovan Hock up during his obligatory villainous monologue was pretty awesome.

I think I forgot to do it during my first Renegade FemShep playthrough.

Hock has the best bad guy voice.  There should be more Danish and South African evil masterminds in movies and stuff.

Edited by J.T.

I still get entertained by ME2 just handing out Renegade points for random things

Oh you helped Liara - 5 Renegade points

Oh you had dinner with Kelly - 5 Renegade points

Jesus Fuck.   Bioware really did enjoy hiding the fucking credits in Kasumi's loyalty mission.   Tali's recruitment mission takes place all over hell and breakfast on Haestrom and the money loot points and upgrades are still easier to find even when the Geth are constantly fucking shooting at you.

Edited by J.T.

That reminds me - I constantly looking at a guide to make sure I don't miss any pickups (mainly because I am too fucking old to replay a mission where I missed a biotic upgrade or something)

So I was deeply amused when it was all "THE COLLECTOR SHIP IS THE HARDEST MISSION IN THE GAME!!!". Meanwhile I am mowing folks down with my newly acquired Widow.

I missed you baby