DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

I'm gonna finish Garrus's loyalty mission and then quit for the night to eat dinner and watch AEW on YouTube.

I forgot how creepy Drell reverie is.

I was dumb and sentimental and brought Tali's combat drone up to Rank 4 instead of Energy Drain because Chitikka has a name.

Edited by J.T.

I am too tired to start the Reaper IFF (and then the steps afterwards) but I did confirm that I had done everything else (except Arrival)

Everyone is loyal now.  I have to raise about 200K credits to clear out the remaining weapon upgrades and Biotic Damage mod on Tuchanka and I still have a Shield / Barrier / Armor buff to buy on Illium.  I am going to have to scrape and save if I am going to be able to afford everything.

I might have enough to buy everything after I clear the N7 side gigs, the last Firewalker mission, and Overlord.  If not I'll put priority on the weapon damage and damage resistance mods and go back to buy the Biotic Damage mod after the Suicide Mission so that it will be in place for Shadow Broker.

After that, I'll knock out Arrival and that will segue me into ME3.  

I finally have all of my preferred N7 armor pieces.  I need to take a screen grab for antiquity's sake.

I have 5/5 Heavy Weapon Ammo mods.  I am not sure if that gets me to the magical 200% Cain capacity.  I think there is one more out there to find before the Suicide Mission.

I am a little annoyed with myself.  I forgot to play Tali's mission on Hardcore because I am a dirty completionist and like to arm Legion with the Geth Pulse Rifle.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

To circle back to my "Why the money nerf makes no sense for 'balance' between 1 and 2 when the importing a lvl 30 character shatters 3 into a million pieces' argument...

Started up 3 after running Arrival (and yeah, that sequence makes more narrative sense), and starting with carried over powers from 3 (including inferno ammo) and fucking hell Cannibals don't hold up against inferno ammo at all, or slam...  Also, and this has to really be a glitch, but I seem have decapped a Cerebus troop or two with the Katana (not that they're standing up otherwise to the Charge/Shotgun combo).

But yeah, I question the money balance issue when the start of 3 is a little out of balance.

The N7 Javelin Missile Launch mission can eat shit.  I fucking hate BioWare and their trolley problem missions featuring Batarian extremists.   RIP Watson Spaceport, but I did manage to save the colonists.

On 7/6/2021 at 11:51 AM, J.T. said:

Holy shit.  Just when I thought that that Dr. Hymes's audio log in Bring Down the Sky was the most depressing thing in the game, here comes the fucking video log of the female Quarian researcher trying to get a message to her family before she is evaporated by Geth pulse rifles.

I hate this fucking game sometimes.

Oh, it'll get worse.

Spoiler

In ME3, Jona becomes an orphan. His father dies on Rannoch.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

The N7 Blood Pack Communications Relay assignment can eat a bag of shit.  Fucking fog and charging Krogans...

Krogan's don't react well to fire (Grunt's adventures in the Citadel DLC notwithstanding. )

33 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Krogan's don't react well to fire (Grunt's adventures in the Citadel DLC notwithstanding. )

I was armed with the Firestorm, dude.  All went well.  I just hate having to navigate the fog.  I have enough resources not to care but I am always concerned about maxing out my credits and I always forget when gigs have matching funds from Cerberus or if Cerberus is fronting the money.

This mission and the one where the Geth control the weather on that one planet annoy me because I'm always scared I'll leave money behind.

Acquired the Reaper IFF

God was that annoying as fuck

I took Grunt along and for some reason he would glitch where he would just freeze and not move nor fire his weapon and he would just be like that until he was killed. (Seems like it would happen when he used Fortification). Then once revived he would act normal. Happened at least 3 times.

Not happy between that and Mordin's squishy body - I burned through almost all my medigel

I still have trouble keeping Jack & Miranda loyal if I shack up with Miranda. (SPOILER) I hate getting through the final mission with everyone but Jack because she's pissed at me. (END SPOILER)

7 hours ago, just drew said:

I still have trouble keeping Jack & Miranda loyal if I shack up with Miranda. (SPOILER) I hate getting through the final mission with everyone but Jack because she's pissed at me. (END SPOILER)

I tend not to romance any of the crew in ME2, but there gets to a point when I have to put the ladies of the Normandy in the friend zone when the game starts fishing for romance and that usually ends all future dialogue with them.

I think I just stopped talking to Miranda when I ended up banging Jack in my romancing for achievement ME2 game back in the day.  Somehow that worked, but it sucked not to be able to follow Miranda's dialogue to the end.

Edited by J.T.

You can regain the loyalty of whoever you didn’t side with

A little more than 5 minutes in shows it - you just need a high enough paragon/renegade score

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I forgot when I started ME2 this time that Miranda is not an option for FemShep.

Miranda and Tali hetero and AFAIK so is Jack although Jack was developed to initially be pansexual..  I think the only female that FemShep can successfully bring up to her cabin is Kelly Chambers.   Samara is tempted to hook up with FemShep but declines because Ardat-Yakshi.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You can regain the loyalty of whoever you didn’t side with

A little more than 5 minutes in shows it - you just need a high enough paragon/renegade score

Yeah, I usually go with the advanced class that improves my Paragon / Renegade bonus so that my morality score gets high enough so that I can give Miranda / Jack and Tali / Legion the Save It For The Collectors talk and successfully keep them all in line.

Edited by J.T.

I totally forgot that part of the creds you can earn in Overlord comes from taking the money out of the Cerberus cafeteria cash register.

How low must I sink?

Well considering how late the Tali/Legion confrontation takes place - you have to actively be trying to not have a high enough score (in either direction)

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Well considering how late the Tali/Legion confrontation takes place - you have to actively be trying to not have a high enough score (in either direction)

That's true.  You'd have to avoid talking to anyone to not earn any Renegade or Paragon points and that's not really possible in these games.  Dialogue is such a huge part of the game.

On my second ever playthrough (Renegade Maleshep) he managed to be single throughout ME1, romanced both Jack and Miranda in ME2, and then fell in love with Steve in ME3.