DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

Is the Kelly romance any good? 

You get a lap dance if you and Kelly survive the Suicide Mission, my dude.

FemShep also gets the show since Kelly is bi.

I am just happy that I got her to feed my fish so that I can get my Prejak Paddlefish back in ME3.  It also helped me to shotgun through the N7 missions in ME2 without having to worry about feeding my fish in the downtime in between assignments.

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It was just you saying that you were basically doing the humping the wall to not go near the Galaxy Map thing (at least that is the way it came across)

Yep, I humped the wall as not to get too close to the Map so that I could research the upgrades from the Loyalty mission and also get Legion's Widow put together, but I am paranoid about everything. 

Why do you even listen to me when I kvetch about shit like that?  You know that I am annoyingly cautious out of habit.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Raziel said:

Man, maxed Assault Mastery + maxed Biotic Charge + almost maxed Incinerary Ammo + Katana V with damage mods in ME3 just isn't right.

Once you get a face melter like the Piranha in your hands, you will forget about all other shotguns.

I know I am fine because I didn't even trigger the Collector attack until after Legion's loyalty mission and we were all on the ship chatting.

Still convinced I fucked something up

And Miranda needs to shut her mouth telling me to use heavy ammo against the Oculus - did just fine with my Widow thank you very much

Widow > Everything.  I am so happy to have my badass long rifle on my back.  Firing on Scions while cloaked and using AP rounds doesn't even seem fair.

Now I am kvetching about whether or not I will go with the Black Widow or the N7 Valiant in ME3.  BW is a beast of a rifle that can shoot through damn near anything, but it is so fucking heavy and ultra light materials is such a bullshit mod to install to compensate for a better power cooldown rate so that I can cloak at will.

Valiant doesn't have the natural object penetration, but it is versatile, accurate, and has almost zero recoil.  I can land 3 successive headshots right on the button when I have a concentration mod installed thanks to the extra time dilation (SICK~!), and I can always swap out a barrel mod for a penetration mod as the situation merits.  The BW beats the Valiant here because it can already rip through enemy cover with no extra penetration mod and it hits like a fucking truck.

Decisions..

Edited by J.T.

Side note: I really enjoy that a Vanguard's (and I'm going to assume straight Adept's) heavy Melee attack is a straight up point blank Biotic blast to wherever you're pointing instead of an omni-blade slash.  Makes it really enjoyable to Biotic Charge, Heavy Melee if the victim survived, then melt everything else in the area with the shotgun (or just repeat it if you're carrying a SMG as a backup with the Ultralight mod so your recharge rate is 200% and you can essencially just spam Charge/Melee forever)

I mean shit, I solo'd an Atlas spamming Charge/Shotgun with Incindiary ammo after using Garrus and EDI's Overloads to take down the shields.

When it comes to cooldowns and Biotic characters, Vanguards and Adepts tend to benefit most from reduced weapon weight.   Sentinels can get away with a heavier load-out and not be adversely affected too much.

Tech wise, Engineers will probably want to keep their weight down so that they can spam their powers to detonate their own Tech Bursts and Infiltrators simply want to have Tactical Cloak available as often as possible.

Soldiers don't really have to watch load-out weight as much as other classes. 

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Soldiers don't really have to watch load-out weight as much as other classes. 

Nope - we just waddle around wondering why our melee power sucks until ME3

• Haha 1

Suicide Mission was not suicide although it did cost me two medi-gel thanks to Harbinger and his stupid fucking stagger and me not being able to put Kasumi or Jack back into cover fast enough.  100% SURVIVAL~!  Two shots from the Cain and it was all fucking over.

RIP Lilith. 

FU Proto-Reaper.

Gonna handle Shadow Broker and Arrival after dinner and then start on ME3 either tomorrow or Sunday.   I probably won't play at all next week while I am on vacation in California as we'll be visiting lots of friends and family.

Edited by J.T.

You'd hate it even more if you completed it, then had the game crash when you tried to enter the building, before it was possible to save.  

Fortunately it didn't take anything like 45 minutes to do it either time.  I just leg it all the way across the map as soon as the warnings start.  Only died once, when I somehow fubared getting the vehicle to lift during my skedaddle and got stuck under a low ledge.

33 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I have a bad habit in the hammerhead of going up instead of forward. Not good in that mission. 

Are you playing on PC or something?  Accelerate is keyed to a trigger and lift is keyed to a button, so I am baffled on how you are confusing the two.

And there is nothing to be ashamed of.  The wonky handling of the Hammerhead makes that part of Overlord a nightmare for anybody.

I'm in the wrong line of work.  Liara has the bomb apartment.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I'm playing on Xbox. 

I still can't figure out how you are crossing up acceleration with hover.   Maybe because I played these ME games so many times in the past that vehicle mechanics are in my muscle memory.

Edited by J.T.

Forgot just how elite that the Shadow Broker's elite mooks were.  Those fuckers were pretty good.  Constantly repositioned Garrus so that he could provide sniper cover fire.  He may have brained more Heavies than I did. 

Tali's Combat Drone is the best distraction and I had to spam Energy Drain on the enemy combat drones to buff Tali's shields since she insisted on leaning on her shotgun rather than staying her little ass in cover

Act I of Shadow Broker is finito.  I am bummed that there wasn't a break in between missions to process the Heavy Pistol upgrade or spend money on the last upgrade I have left to buy in the game.... which is also a HP upgrade.   My Carnifax will be beastly by the time I play Arrival.

I'll do Act II on Hagalaz later on.  Time for some television and checking out the weigh-in for the UFC fight tomorrow night.

Edited by J.T.

Good news and bad news.

Good news suicide mission is done.

bad news: not only did most of the crew get turned to soylen green, but i lost two of my favorite crew members: legion and mordin. 

i want going to replay it, but i think i have to now. Im not missing out on the Gilbert and Sullivan in ME3. 

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I'm in the wrong line of work.  Liara has the bomb apartment.

I still can't figure out how you are crossing up acceleration with hover.   Maybe because I played these ME games so many times in the past that vehicle mechanics are in my muscle memory.

Im not mixing them up, per se. i just have poor motor skills and synapse issues. ?

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

i want going to replay it, but i think i have to now. Im not missing out on the Gilbert and Sullivan in ME3. 

You should've sent Mordin back with the crew, homie.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

So I turned out to be right ?

Damn.  I'm sorry, dude..   At least you have a save to revert back to.   I'd hate to have to start over totally.

Edited by J.T.

Finished the Suicide Mission with everyone

RIP Lilith from Horizon

Irritated because I had this weird glitch where after the first shot the Cain wouldn't fire. It was fine just added a couple minutes onto the proto-reaper fight.

Always enjoy bringing Miranda on the final mission so she can quit Cerberus on the spot

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

You should've sent Mordin back with the crew, homie.

Damn.  I'm sorry, dude..   At least you have a save to revert back to.   I'd hate to have to start over totally.

No no - I meant about Mark melting his entire crew.

I said that back when I confused the Collector Ship mission with the Reaper IFF one.

Turns out Mark was on his own schedule anyway.

Does the person in the ventilator shaft survive if you move along quicker? I thought i was moving at a decent pace. 

i sent Zaead back with the doctor, as that would seem to make the most diegetic sense. Him or Grunt. 

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Irritated because I had this weird glitch where after the first shot the Cain wouldn't fire. It was fine just added a couple minutes onto the proto-reaper fight.

Always enjoy bringing Miranda on the final mission so she can quit Cerberus on the spot

I also encountered that glitch.  Shit got tense because I thought I was going to die.

I bring Jack and Kasumi along.  Shockwave is good for dumping Collectors off of the platforms and Enhanced Flashbang can sometimes stun the Proto-Reaper long enough for me to get in a second Cain shot after I fire the first one.

Denied this time because of the glitch

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No no - I meant about Mark melting his entire crew.

I said that back when I confused the Collector Ship mission with the Reaper IFF one.

Turns out Mark was on his own schedule anyway.

I prob should not have bothered with some of the last few missions, like finally beating the pyjack game or the last firewalker mission and Overlord. Heck, overload prob added an hour of game time today.