DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

I was all set to start recruiting the second batch of crew members when I had to do the collector ship mission to start the IFF plot strand, 

so, I finished it, did Jack and Garrus loyalty missions and then mined a bunch of planets looking for more Element Zero to do upgrades. I didn’t let Jack shoot the guy on her mission, even though I let Garrus shoot Sadonis. 

32 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I was all set to start recruiting the second batch of crew members when I had to do the collector ship mission to start the IFF plot strand, 

So you decided to kill the entire crew then?

33 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

No, I meant the one where the Illusive Man sends you to the derelict collector ship that’s actually a trap. 

Okay that makes more sense

I was like "Why the fuck did you get the IFF without recruiting everyone first?"

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It is more how ME2 and ME3 time gate A LOT of stuff but don't slowly roll it out instead dump it all at once

Yeah, I hate that shit.  Arrival and Shadow Broker came out after I had already beaten the game, so they rolled in nicely into the meta plot.  I had finished the Suicide Mission so it kinda felt natural for Hackett to hit me up about Arrival.  It's not like I was working for Cerberus anymore..

4 hours ago, Raziel said:

I take back what I said about Vanguard.  Once I got Assault Mastery and Heavy Charge, holy shit is it fun to just Charge in and shotgun everything, then charge again since with AM and HC your power cooldown is like 1 second.

I told you that you'd be all good once you maxed out Assault Mastery.  Once you are able to BC almost at will, fights are almost trivialized.

The Boss Battle was not made with Vanguards in mind though.  Make sure you've got a really good heavy weapon and lots of ammo... I highly recommend the Cain since it can two shot the Proto Reaper if your aim is good and you are patient and you are equipped with the Ordinance Packs leg armor.

Edited by J.T.

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

Liara is the only character confirmed, and the game is seemingly taking place hundreds of years later. Only one or two other people could have even aged up to that point so there probably won't be more than references to anyone else from the original trilogy.

I'm trying to think of who else could be there outside of Liara.

I think Wrex (or whichever Krogan replaces him if you off him on Virmire) could be there, but I thought Wrex was at least middle-age in Krogan terms during the original trilogy. Grunt could probably be there, too, given his relative youth.

Outside of those three, though, I'm drawing a blank.

1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

I'm trying to think of who else could be there outside of Liara.

I think Wrex (or whichever Krogan replaces him if you off him on Virmire) could be there, but I thought Wrex was at least middle-age in Krogan terms during the original trilogy. Grunt could probably be there, too, given his relative youth.

Outside of those three, though, I'm drawing a blank.

wasn't Okeer, like, 1800 years old or something insane? He was a veteran of the Krogan Rebellion, and died at least a thousand years after it. If Wrex is "middle aged", he could theoretically still be around during ME4.

During one of ME3's random encounters the Asari that's trying to dump her Krogan boyfriend is doing it because she doesn't want to deal with him forever because Krogan live almost as long as Asari, so Wrex (or Wreave if Wrex got offed in 1 or 3) and Grunt could be around.

Yes - they COULD be

The point again though is Liara is the only character who definitely would be alive no matter how you played the original games

Plus - she is also the only character in all four games

13 minutes ago, Casey said:

wasn't Okeer, like, 1800 years old or something insane? He was a veteran of the Krogan Rebellion, and died at least a thousand years after it. If Wrex is "middle aged", he could theoretically still be around during ME4.

It's possible that you're right. I thought the Krogan lifespan was on par with the Asari but maybe it's longer.

If that's the case then Wrex could definitely be there.

Bioware has never confirmed exactly the life span of Krogans

However Casey's math is right. In fact he shortchanged Okeer 100 years.

Basically going by when the Krogan Rebellions were and when ME2 takes place Okeer is at least 1800 years old.

The issue is because of the Krogan's violent nature... they frequently aren't allowed the chance to grow old

Just now, Casey said:

And wait a minute, Liara is in Andromeda???

Yes in that she sends multiple messages to the folks going on the trip. (They are voiced over too - not just "you read a datapad")

The last one from the time period somewhere in ME3 basically saying "The Reapers are here so there might not be anything for you to come back to"

Dr. Ryder consulted with Liara in the hope that Liara's expertise in the field of xeno-archaeology would come in handy when the Arks made it to Andromeda and ran across any ancient alien tech that required study.

Like everyone else has said, she's an Asari so she might still be alive by the time the Hyperion arrived in Andromeda.

Edited by J.T.

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Like everyone else has said, she's an Asari so she might still be alive by the time the Hyperion arrived in Andromeda.

Correct

Liara is just beyond 100 during the ME trilogy (I dont think its ever specified exactly how old)

Hyperion leaves in 2185 which was in between 2 and 3

Trip was 600 years so assuming nothing unforeseen happened - Liara would be between 700-800 and in her Matriarch stage

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Correct

Liara is just beyond 100 during the ME trilogy (I dont think its ever specified exactly how old)

Hyperion leaves in 2185 which was in between 2 and 3

Trip was 600 years so assuming nothing unforeseen happened - Liara would be between 700-800 and in her Matriarch stage

Liara states her age is 106 in ME1, which would put her around 109-110 by the time ME3 was over, assuming 6 months between the end of ME1 and Prologue of ME2, and another 6 months between 2 and 3.