DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Speaking of this playthrough, I was really trying to do "everything" possible.  Then I hit Ferros, did the Optional Tunnel stuff, but then did the ExoGeni building *before* turning it all in.  Then during the fight with the Thorian, Fei Dan went and offed himself and I CAN'T TURN IN HIS MISSION NOW!  Fuck.  Then I did Noveria, and did the Benizia fight before going into the Restricted Area, and lost that.  So one of these days, I have to have everything plotted right to get it all (I also missed the money funneling AI, as I got the news report that it already blew itself up last time I hit the Citidel before doing Bring Down the Sky into Vermire).   I'm also at Lvl 26 (Legendary) with X57, Vermire, and Iilos left, so I'm pretty sure I'll hit 30.  I do notice I'm still short a Salarian Medallion and some Resources (I actually got all the Prothean, Matriarch, and Turian stuff).  I could've sworn I hit all the planets (exept in Vermire/Iilos' systems) but I didn't explore every inch of the maps.

Getting the good Level X stuff to show up in stores/drop is annoying.  I'm also mad at the patch because I'm MAXED on money but know I'm only taking 100k of that 10M over to 2.

Banshees in this game remind me of Clickers from Last Of Us, in that they both have terrifying sounds associated with them and, while they're easy enough to kill, it's still nerve wracking while you're fighting them for whatever reason. But also, fuck Harvesters. Their health bar just disappears randomly for me at times, even though they're just chillin', sitting somewhere clear enough for me to scope and shoot. Ugh.

I am wondering how to progress my romance with Liara, since every time I talk to her now, it's just "Good to see you, Shepard" and nothing else. My FemShep told her in the beginning that she wanted to continue where they left off, Liara agreed... and now I don't even get dialogue trees like I do with everyone else.

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

I am wondering how to progress my romance with Liara, since every time I talk to her now, it's just "Good to see you, Shepard" and nothing else. My FemShep told her in the beginning that she wanted to continue where they left off, Liara agreed... and now I don't even get dialogue trees like I do with everyone else.

Are you past Priority: Citadel II?

That usually is the block point where (at least for Liara) the romance doesn't kick off until after you do that.

(That might apply to all romance options - I can't remember)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Are you past Priority: Citadel II?

That usually is the block point where (at least for Liara) the romance doesn't kick off until after you do that.

(That might apply to all romance options - I can't remember)

No, but I did just complete the Tuchanka mission, so that should be unlocked. But I'm reading that visiting the Citadel now, without completing all side quests involving the Citadel, causes them to expire, so I guess I need to do all of those first before I go back. I've already done the Grissom Academy side quest, so that's done at least. Still bummed that characters like Miranda, Jack, etc. are just glorified cameos.

Just landed for the Suicide Mission.

Wound up blowing it with every potential romance option, so all I got was a pep talk from Miranda and a shot of me staring at my picture of Liara until we hit the relay.

Not sure how I'll handle the romance thing when I get to 3, to be honest. Don't think I've ever done the Liara romance all the way through so I might just stick with her this time around.

16 minutes ago, Casey said:

No, but I did just complete the Tuchanka mission, so that should be unlocked. But I'm reading that visiting the Citadel now, without completing all side quests involving the Citadel, causes them to expire, so I guess I need to do all of those first before I go back. I've already done the Grissom Academy side quest, so that's done at least. Still bummed that characters like Miranda, Jack, etc. are just glorified cameos.

Oh God yes

Do EVERYTHING before Priority II... otherwise very bad things happen

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Got Mordin

Just started Archangel before dinner arrived.

I guess the Omega DLC doesn't unlock till post Horizon

I mean, you're right the Omega DLC doesn't unlock till post Horizon.  It unlocks on your first trip to the Citadel... in 3.

All the games are blending together

Like I know one of the games has a receptionist that turns on you

That might be Liara's employee or it could be a fever dream

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

All the games are blending together

Like I know one of the games has a receptionist that turns on you

That might be Liara's employee or it could be a fever dream

Yeah, it’s Nyxeris, Liara’s secretary from ME2.

On 6/18/2021 at 7:25 PM, RIPPA said:

I do such the weird order of events

So after getting the Normandy

Go to the old Normandy crash site

Then go the Citadel were

• Recruit Kasumi
  • Give endorsements to all 4 shops
  • Yelled at a Volus and C-Sec for hating Quarians
  • Listened to about a million reports
  • Got drunk and threw up in the bathroom
  • Broke a Krogan's heart
  • Bought the groceries and Brandy
  • Yelled at the Council

Then went back to the Normandy and got drunk again.

That is how I ended my evening

I am weirder than you.   I don't do the Quarrian thing until I have Tali in my party so that we can both yell at the Volus and the C-Sec officer.

I used to take Jack with me to the Dark Star until she shared that she was sexually assaulted in one of the bathrooms on board the Purgatory.  Things got dark after that.   I tend to leave her on the ship now whenever we're docked at the Citadel.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Went to Omega, got drunk, helped some people, went to get drunk again but got poisoned instead

Renegade FemShep's getback on the Batarian bartender is the best.

And what Gonzo said.  You're remembering Liara's AA on Illium.

yo that "mission" with Legion where you disconnect the Geth from the servers or whatever is fucking awesome and definitely a welcome change of pace during my marathon 9 hour playthrough (that is still on going as we speak).

I'm happy to report than FemShep and Liara will spend the rest of their lives together, apparently.

Kaiden is a seemingly bipolar dickhead and I should have kept Ashley alive.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I am weirder than you.   I don't do the Quarrian thing until I have Tali in my party so that we can both yell at the Volus and the C-Sec officer.

This is were everything conflicts for me because I know I should wait for Tali (same with the Quarian merchant on Omega) but I can't because they are right in front of me and I must do them now

I also SHOULD get Grunt first and then do the Omega stuff since he has a lot of interaction with Korgans but I also want to start working on upgrades so I go for Mordin

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I also SHOULD get Grunt first and then do the Omega stuff since he has a lot of interaction with Korgans but I also want to start working on upgrades so I go for Mordin

You could always do Mordin first, go get Grunt, and then return to Omega back to retrieve Garrus.  That way you could have the Mordin commentary during Grunt's recruitment and then get the extra dialogue for Grunt from Garrus's recruitment.

That's probably what I am going to do for my ME2 NG+.  Getting Mordin first is a must so that, as you say, you can get cracking on upgrades as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

This is were everything conflicts for me because I know I should wait for Tali (same with the Quarian merchant on Omega) but I can't because they are right in front of me and I must do them now.

Yeah, I can't really wait for Tali to be in my party before I go talk to Kenn because he's a merchant and I like to clean out his inventory as well as Harrod's early on for the Kuwashi Visor and the FBA couplings.

Edited by J.T.